2023-2025 region 7-4A

Rockytoptomcat

12 hours ago, Rockytoptomcat said:

Hoping Haywood can find some better non region games for next year. Henry County, Covington, South Gibson, Lexington are always good games. I hope we can avoid any Memphis city schools! But would like to see some of the Whitehavens, Germantown, Collierville, Houston, Bartlett or even the better private schools. There’s also some good teams in north Mississippi. The team from Paducah that goes to Henry county’s jamboree seems like a good program. Paducah isn’t to bad of a drive.

I figured Haywood would play Covington ,Munford and even Dyersburg every year. Would be good gates and most years competitive games. You said you would like to avoid "any Memphis city schools!"  Then named Germantown and Whitehaven which are both City of Memphis ran schools. JS But I get your point. ;)

9 hours ago, FOOTBALLROCKYTOP said:

I figured Haywood would play Covington ,Munford and even Dyersburg every year. Would be good gates and most years competitive games. You said you would like to avoid "any Memphis city schools!"  Then named Germantown and Whitehaven which are both City of Memphis ran schools. JS But I get your point. ;)

I wish we could get Covington dyersburg and Munford to schedule us every year! So far that has not happened. I see where my post seems contradicting. After playing 3 inner city Memphis schools, I would rather avoid them. Neither is nor them got much out of the games. Melrose tried to fight us after the game last year at our place and this year at theirs. Orange mound is not a safe place to travel to. I guess technically Whitehaven is an inner city school, but they have a good program. I considered the other schools county schools.

• Like 1