Former Springfield 1992 Mr. Football Michael Thomas passes away

LEON

This week has brought sadness with the passing of 1992 Mr. Football Michael Thomas. He was one of greatest to play for the Jackets at fullback winning the AA Mr. Football award in 1992 , combined with speed and power he was a big reason the Jackets were 38-12 with 2qtr final appearances and 1 Semifinals appearance. Mike was at several Jackets games the last few years and got the pleasure of shaking his hand and  tell him  how much I enjoyed watching him run the football , he was very appreciative and was very friendly to hear this  from a stranger. Michael Thomas gone way too soon.Prayers to his family and the Yellow Jacket family.

14 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

I really hated to hear this and I was in shock to say the least. He was a teammate of mine for a year and was an amazing player, but an even better person. Thougts and prayers to his friends and family, this was a big loss to the Springfield family...

If I remember correctly in 1992 Mike scored a TD on a long run at Macon Co. then on the next play caused a fumble on defense and caught fumble in mid air and ran it in for another TD back to back.I don’t know how many TDS he had that game playing only one half in a 75-0 game. Springfield football family in last two years has lost two of the all time best  RB ‘s in Ricky Chatman (1975-77) and Mike Thomas (1989-92) .

• Sad 1