Single A Rankings Posted

Hamm

1 hour ago, Hamm said:

Maybe swap Gabe Ferrell and Hubbs. Gabe beat Hubbs twice last year.  First time by decision and second by pin.  Only reason Hubbs finished second at states is because Gabe was on the same side of the draw with Atwood.  He lost by decision in OT to Atwood which was far better than Hubbs did. 

Whaley is supposedly staying at 160 this year. 

Colton Ferrell will be a fun one to watch. 

Edited by oceansize42

Lol at you and me Oceansize. Your reply got me by a few seconds. 

What weight is the younger Ferrell kid at?

I think Whaley will start at 170 and work down as the season progresses.  He probably gave Logan Heckert his toughest match of the tournament last year. 

I watched the Greeneville kid wrestle at 195 in the preseason tournament at Bearden last weekend.  He may make some noise in 195 this year.  

Alcoa has a really good looking freshman at 195 too. He could make some noise in another year or two. 

The Stone Memorial 195 is solid too. 

So far 195 is looking to be pretty deep in small school. 

Edited by TotallynotLEO

37 minutes ago, TotallynotLEO said:

Lol at you and me Oceansize. Your reply got me by a few seconds. 

What weight is the younger Ferrell kid at?

I think Whaley will start at 170 and work down as the season progresses.  He probably gave Logan Heckert his toughest match of the tournament last year. 

I watched the Greeneville kid wrestle at 195 in the preseason tournament at Bearden last weekend.  He may make some noise in 195 this year.  

Alcoa has a really good looking freshman at 195 too. He could make some noise in another year or two. 

The Stone Memorial 195 is solid too. 

So far 195 is looking to be pretty deep in small school. 

As far as I know nothing is set in stone at Crockett.  Colton can move up and down a weight class and so can Gabe.   They are fortunate to have the power to go up and the ability to lean down some.   Colton is a true sophomore but has come into his man body, good athlete now to.  I think he beats White and Kendall, who are currently ranked ahead of him, fairly easily.    

And I shouldn't forget Colton's fraternal twin brother Jake Ferrell at 132 or 138.  Jake beat DeLuca from Gibbs this preseason and was dominant outside the first 45 seconds.   

Briar looked good in preseason.  If he does go to 160 he is going to be a big kid there.  I was hoping to see Colton and Briar at that preseason tournament but didn't materialize.  Colton had zero practice as football had just ended so probably for the better.  

Max Norman and Briar wrestled, man Max is just an animal.  Briar is a big strong kid and he could only survive in the end.  Hunley looks good, matured a bunch.

Was it Lowery from Greeneville at 195?

Edited by oceansize42

Yes, Lowery kid from Greeneville.  He looks like a good athlete. I'm not saying he'll beat Ferrel, Hubbs or Atwood at all.  He's good enough to help Greeneville win some duals though. 

I watched Briar and Max practice together to prep for the super 32. One of our kids was there too, just as a practice partner and he had nothing for either one.  Hopefully he got better as a result. 

Briar dropped a really close match that was,  unusually officiated, to the 170 kid from Maryville at the Halls jamboree.  That kid is really good too, taking nothing away from him.  He's really talented.  

Max at 152 is going to be a monster.  

Kendall is a good kid and solid wrestler.  Don't know if he gets to the finals this year or not but I'd like to see him have some success just because I know him a little bit. 

I really wish AC was small school this year like they should be.  They have a couple kids that could at least be in the mix and as a team make some noise. Not saying they'd compete for the title but a full line up of experienced kids can get you pretty far as a team. 

Halls should be close this year but they still have a couple holes in their lineup. I bet Bull goes 220 and they use Turner at hwt. 

I was confusing Kendall with another kid.  That is a tough match for Colton.  Colton actually lost to Kendall last year as a freshman but Colton is physically much different now, much different.  Should be a fun one.

I'm betting on Pigeon Forge or the returning champs Signal Mountain.  PF should, on paper, be loaded.  Greeneville's big three in the middle didn't even get to wrestle at state duals last year and I could see the same thing happening again.  Kodiak has moved on to college so they lose an absolute automatic (and everyone at 170 can quit getting man-handled and breathe a sigh of relief). Greeneville will need to get it done this year as Hunter and Colin graduate and they are equally if not more irreplaceable.  Be interesting after this year to see how Greeneville fairs minus Kodiak, Hunter, and Colin.   Leaves Carson as the last wrestler to grace the national ranks.

It's too bad Halls, Gibbs, Crockett, and Greeneville all come out of region 1.  Greeneville is the obvious favorite.  Going to be a tough region though,

Edited by oceansize42

Greeneville and Crockett are region 1. They'll be at sectionals against Halls and Gibbs from region 2. Last year Halls was within 1 match of getting by Greeneville at sectionals.  Whoever comes out of sectional 1 is going to be a threat to win it all. 

It'll be a fun season.  Next year will be different with the reclassification. 

PF to region 2 with Gibbs and Halls moves up to big school. The feeder program st AC is starting to bear fruit,  if they could just get the school behind them.  Not saying they get past Gibbs or PF but they can make it interesting from time to time.  Greeneville may only have Carson as a nationally ranked kid but the cupboard isn't bare. Zac at 220 is a hammer too. 

This year SM and Greeneville have the hammers. Halls has a lot of solid kids and so does PF. Aiden Howard should be able to get in the mix at 195 for PF. He was hurt his freshman year but if healthy can be a hammer for them.  

Crockett with all the Ferrell kids is like Signal mountain north.  If they could fill the rest of the line up they could make noise it sounds like.  

Edited by TotallynotLEO