2A Region 2

TNhoopsfan

2A Region 2 this year: Tyner looks to be strong again, and I think they only lost their PG from last year and probably the consensus favorite for a glass house trip.  CSAS looks good by the scores I've seen and I think they have a stud. Brainerd seems to always be solid, and I was thinking they were fairly young last year. Polk also has won some nice games this year. Kingston has a new coach this year and has won some nice games already.  Mcm Central has lost some close games but should be pretty good, and Meigs lost quite a few seniors from last year but has won some games already.  Loudon seems to be solid and no idea about Tellico.  Thoughts?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/15/2022 at 9:25 AM, TNhoopsfan said:

2A Region 2 this year: Tyner looks to be strong again, and I think they only lost their PG from last year and probably the consensus favorite for a glass house trip.  CSAS looks good by the scores I've seen and I think they have a stud. Brainerd seems to always be solid, and I was thinking they were fairly young last year. Polk also has won some nice games this year. Kingston has a new coach this year and has won some nice games already.  Mcm Central has lost some close games but should be pretty good, and Meigs lost quite a few seniors from last year but has won some games already.  Loudon seems to be solid and no idea about Tellico.  Thoughts?

For district 3 Kingston, Sweetwater and Meigs are probably the front runners, followed by Loudon and then Central and Tellico. I haven’t seen Kingston but they beat Sweetwater, Meigs play’s Sweetwater tonight but they will be without a key starter, but I think Meigs has the best player in the district with the Meadows kid. The young man can play, he scored 30 in the first half against White Co. 

I think district 4 will have two teams moving on.

Meigs played as bad as they could last night against Sweetwater, they only scored 13 points in the first half and was down 16 at halftime, they came out in the second half battled back and won in OT.  McMinn Central somehow beat McMinn Co last night, that’s a big upset because Central is not very good this year and County has a really nice team.

I saw the Meigs vs Sweetwater score but didn’t know it was an OT game.  Sweetwater doesn’t have much depth, and Meigs looking pretty tough at this point. They play Loudon Monday and that’ll be an interesting game. I was also surprised about Central beating County.  But I think Central has the potential to beat anybody in the district any given night, especially if the refs let the game get physical. Kingston drilled Tellico, but it was only a 6 point game at half from what I heard, got ugly in the third quarter.  Tellico has some talent but they are young. 

On 12/18/2022 at 10:23 AM, TNhoopsfan said:

I saw the Meigs vs Sweetwater score but didn’t know it was an OT game.  Sweetwater doesn’t have much depth, and Meigs looking pretty tough at this point. They play Loudon Monday and that’ll be an interesting game. I was also surprised about Central beating County.  But I think Central has the potential to beat anybody in the district any given night, especially if the refs let the game get physical. Kingston drilled Tellico, but it was only a 6 point game at half from what I heard, got ugly in the third quarter.  Tellico has some talent but they are young. 

Meigs is in the same situation as a lot of small schools, they have no depth, and there best post player is out right now. So they will struggle some inside until he gets back. 

• 2 weeks later...

Meigs got down big early but battled back in the second half to make it a good game but just couldn’t overcome the hole they got in. I think those are the two best teams in the district but Sweetwater is not very far behind. I think Meigs will win at home over Kingston but a lot of districts games to come.

I've seen everybody in the district minus Loudon, but looking at their schedule results, I agree it looks like Meigs & Kingston are the top 2 in this district. That game Friday night was strange, Kingston was on the verge of breaking it open a few times and Meigs kept fighting back. Meigs is well coached and they don't ever quit.  This week will have a huge impact on the district seeding with Kingston playing Loudon and at Sweetwater, Meigs has Central and at Loudon. Any idea where the district tourney is begin played this year?  What about Region tourney?

2 hours ago, TNhoopsfan said:

I've seen everybody in the district minus Loudon, but looking at their schedule results, I agree it looks like Meigs & Kingston are the top 2 in this district. That game Friday night was strange, Kingston was on the verge of breaking it open a few times and Meigs kept fighting back. Meigs is well coached and they don't ever quit.  This week will have a huge impact on the district seeding with Kingston playing Loudon and at Sweetwater, Meigs has Central and at Loudon. Any idea where the district tourney is begin played this year?  What about Region tourney?

I think the District and Region are at Loudon

Kingston beat Loudon, Meigs loses to Central, & Sweetwater beat Tellico last night.  Loudon is better than I expected. I'm convinced Central can beat anybody on any given night; and Sweetwater also has the ability to win close games the way they play. This Friday Kingston vs Sweetwater and Loudon vs Meigs are big games.