Region 1-A early outlook 2023

THE KING

Well,  our softball season ended yesterday and the girls are shooting roundball again.  This year has me intrigued and hopeful at the same time.  Softball wasn't kind to us as far as injuries go.  Regan Blair broke her ankle and will miss summer camps.  My daughter Eowyn suffered a high ankle sprain and wore a boot for 2 weeks but should be good to go.  We will probably go 8 deep during camps with a lot of younger kids.  We won't have Saharra, Regan, or Izzy so it will be a challenge that I believe will help some kids learn to step up their game.  I'm just curious on what everyone's thoughts are about this region now that it will look different.  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, THE KING said:

We start camps at William Blount tomorrow.  I think we'll be playing knox central, powell, and south doyle.  Gonna be interesting to see how we match up.  

I was about to ask you when camps start for you all. You will have to keep us posted on how they go. Hampton is in our district now and Lyndie has graduated so its probably gonna be you all and NG im guessing for the top spot.

3 hours ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

I was about to ask you when camps start for you all. You will have to keep us posted on how they go. Hampton is in our district now and Lyndie has graduated so its probably gonna be you all and NG im guessing for the top spot.

Yeah,  NG has 2 good players in Miller and Bailey.  I think they will still be a tough challenge in the district.  We've got a lot of youth going into camp with only 1 senior leading the troops right now.  My girls mother will hopefully livestream at 4 so I'll get to watch today and maybe go down tomorrow.  

38 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Yeah,  NG has 2 good players in Miller and Bailey.  I think they will still be a tough challenge in the district.  We've got a lot of youth going into camp with only 1 senior leading the troops right now.  My girls mother will hopefully livestream at 4 so I'll get to watch today and maybe go down tomorrow.  

Did anyone replace Hampton ? Correct me if im wrong King but without them its a 3 team district 

9 minutes ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

DUH i forgot about UH. UH in the regionals automatically yikes.

We picked up clinch lol.  UH will be automatically in.   We played sloppy today.  Lost to Powell 38-34.  Its expected considering its the first game of summer camp.  We've got a surprising freshman who is much better than I expected.  Thats the good kind of surprise.  I like those better :)