The new Class 5A Region 5

@Cakeman, I must admit you nailed it. I thought LiCo and LaCo had improved a little (which is debatable) BUT Lincoln Co along with Spring Hill have no shot of making the postseason. 

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a 3 horse race for 2 spots. 

Shelbyville and Columbia will be in. 

Franklin Co, Tullahoma, and Lawrence Co will fight for the other two spots. 

I think Cakeman said it best about LaCo not  being very good so FC and Tullahoma probably get in by default but that's why they play the games. 

@SouthernTNguy made a great point earlier. The head to head tie breaker loss Tullahoma suffered to FC could come back to haunt them.

Great night of football! 

(Congrats to Moore Co on their big win too!)

Watched a YouTube video  of the game between Lawrence County and Columbia. Columbia is big up front, and running back Cayden McCoy had over 200 yards in there 31-0 victory over Lawrence County. Lawrence County moved the ball against Columbia, but shot themselves in the foot in the red zone.

Columbia plays at Tullahoma next week. I would say Columbia will win by two two touchdowns or more. They have too much size, and team speed.

Shelbyville at Franklin County.  Shelbyville over Franklin County

Lincoln County at Giles County. Giles County over Lincoln County

Lawrence County at Spring Hill.  Lawrence County over Spring Hill

Just a note to all the Tullahoma hate on this thread. When your team wins a region game by 25 points, aren't you happy? I mean, should Tullahoma fans be sad because they beat a bad region opponent? Like every other team in the state, the T$$AA picks the regions and the region games. All Tullahoma can do is play the slate and try to get better each week.

They did that this week against a struggling Lincoln Co. team that lacks the speed to compete for a region title. The Falcons' QB is accurate, but his team made a lot of mistakes.

Tullahoma looked better on offense (I know, it was against a bad team). Still, the confidence the Wildcat offense should gain with successful drives and big plays should carry over into the second half of the season. Remember the Wildcats were without two of their top playmakers on both sides of the ball (Kai Johnson and Ethan Hargrove). Lots of young players got their first playing time of the season.

Tullahoma keeps forcing turnovers and scoring off those opportunities. It's called complimentary football. All three phases are equally important.

Right now I think Columbia and Shelbyville are clearly the top two teams, with Tullahoma and Franklin Co. looking like the next two.

I believe Columbia comes into Wilkins Stadium and beats Tullahoma this week, spoiling the Wildcats' homecoming.

Shelbyville will go to Winchester and hand the Rebels another loss, dropping FC to 1-5 on their season. 

Lawrence Co. at Spring Hill? The Raiders are a surprising 2-3 and I think they might challenge the Wildcats. I'll step out on a limb and pick Spring Hill.

Lincoln Co. steps out of region play and has no chance at Giles Co.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ScottShasteen said:

Just a note to all the Tullahoma hate on this thread. When your team wins a region game by 25 points, aren't you happy? I mean, should Tullahoma fans be sad because they beat a bad region opponent? Like every other team in the state, the T$$AA picks the regions and the region games. All Tullahoma can do is play the slate and try to get better each week.

They did that this week against a struggling Lincoln Co. team that lacks the speed to compete for a region title. The Falcons' QB is accurate, but his team made a lot of mistakes.

Tullahoma looked better on offense (I know, it was against a bad team). Still, the confidence the Wildcat offense should gain with successful drives and big plays should carry over into the second half of the season. Remember the Wildcats were without two of their top playmakers on both sides of the ball (Kai Johnson and Ethan Hargrove). Lots of young players got their first playing time of the season.

Tullahoma keeps forcing turnovers and scoring off those opportunities. It's called complimentary football. All three phases are equally important.

Right now I think Columbia and Shelbyville are clearly the top two teams, with Tullahoma and Franklin Co. looking like the next two.

I believe Columbia comes into Wilkins Stadium and beats Tullahoma this week, spoiling the Wildcats' homecoming.

Shelbyville will go to Winchester and hand the Rebels another loss, dropping FC to 1-5 on their season. 

Lawrence Co. at Spring Hill? The Raiders are a surprising 2-3 and I think they might challenge the Wildcats. I'll step out on a limb and pick Spring Hill.

Well said Scott,   The people you're referencing are obviously  not Tullahoma fans, although they make some good points at times. They certainly have a right to there opinion, it's so easy to get to get caught up in the negativity, sometimes it's best to ignore or hide there posts.

Edited by SouthernTNguy
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SouthernTNguy said:

Well said Scott,   The people you're referencing are obviously  not Tullahoma fans, although they make some good points at times. They certainly have a right to there opinion, it's so easy to get to get caught up in the negativity, sometimes it's best to ignore or hide there posts.

Exactly! Like I said last night, I hope the Tullahoma team and fans were able to enjoy last night for what it was... a region win. Any win is a good win! This team could realistically finish 6-4. I think 5-5 is worst case scenario. I think some folks had unrealistic expectations at the beginning clamouring that they'd go 9-1 or 8-2. 

As mentioned above, the TulCats can only play the schedule they're dealt. Win the ones you should and let the chips fall where they may on the others. Looking forward to the rest of the season! 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2023 at 10:43 AM, ScottShasteen said:

No one said anything about TSSAA Region.  What was said was that maybe you shouldn't think you are really good in the preseason, when you have the weakest region in the state and now lose your first Region game to a team that got blown out by MC.  and is 1-4 and you are their only win!

Is it fair to say last year they played their starting QB vs the best competition and The back up vs. lower level competition?  At the end of the year when it came time to play for a playoff spot they lost that game because they didn't have a QB at all.  Destroy one to make one look good.  He looked good Friday vs terrible competition.  Just admit it!.  Stop beating around the bush.  I don't care who made the region up.  It is  what it is.  Just say the truth.  The cats are bad against avg teams.  They look good against bad teams.  Black and White!!!.  Don't sugar coat it because it is your team.  

They got better this week because of poor competition.  Not because they are any different then last week.  

They will make the playoffs and get beat in the first round.  I guess this will be called a success.  If they were in a  region with any amount of good teams they would not make the playoffs.  They are lucky to have Spring Hill, Law co, Linc Co in their region.   You can dress a pig up but it is still a pig.   I  truly don't care but start stating the facts.  I hope Shelbyville runs the table for the  QB.  

Hope Seville all except for Tullahoma for Nathan seems to be a good kid.  Don’t know if he was done right r wrong he played awful for cats made some crazy decisions but was against tougher competition.   Shelbyville may have more talent around him but Tullahoma beats them.  Tullahoma has lost one game they shouldn’t have probably on coach he might even take credit for loss.  Easy to make decisions in rear view.    Go cats

5 hours ago, Wildcat1953 said:

Hope Seville all except for Tullahoma for Nathan seems to be a good kid.  Don’t know if he was done right r wrong he played awful for cats made some crazy decisions but was against tougher competition.   Shelbyville may have more talent around him but Tullahoma beats them.  Tullahoma has lost one game they shouldn’t have probably on coach he might even take credit for loss.  Easy to make decisions in rear view.    Go cats

Are you saying when these two square off you're taking Tullahoma for the win? 

31 minutes ago, SouthernTNguy said:

I'm a Tullahoma fan, I can't see them beating Shelbyville.  No one has held them under 35 points all season, they have two many weapons on offense. 

22 minutes ago, Wildcat1953 said:

Absolutely not just rooting for them

Yes we'll all be pulling for the TulCats but it'll be a heck of a game plan to beat them. With Shelbyville averaging so many points, Tullahoma would need to keep their O off the field with some major ball control drives themselves in order to shorten the game. They must limit mistakes, cut out dumb penalties, control the ball, and win the turnover battle. Sounds simple, right? Or more like General Neyland's maxims. 

43 minutes ago, PercyPeabody said:

Yes we'll all be pulling for the TulCats but it'll be a heck of a game plan to beat them. With Shelbyville averaging so many points, Tullahoma would need to keep their O off the field with some major ball control drives themselves in order to shorten the game. They must limit mistakes, cut out dumb penalties, control the ball, and win the turnover battle. Sounds simple, right? Or more like General Neyland's maxims. 

Exactly,   it will be interesting to see how Franklin County does against Shelbyville this week.