Lack of Sports coverage for West Tn

Sherdog

On 7/1/2023 at 6:11 PM, Waker said:

Robin Cude does a really good job when I can pick him up. I use to enjoy 96.5 when they did sports. Now it’s horrible and basically people regurgitating what was said on Fox News or CNN. It’s even worse on 101.9, if that’s possible. It blows my mind that people watch or listen to political junk for entertainment.

One thing locals teams or people can do now for relatively cheap is podcasts. There is a local guy in Huntingdon that does one on Huntingdon sports. It’s free and pretty entertaining.

Cude does a great job! And agree!  96.5 is terrible now. 

On 6/30/2023 at 11:36 AM, ManOfMillions said:

From my experience in broadcasting the folks that watched the games were either out of town or family of a player, band member, cheerleader, etc. If you have a kid playing or you really want to go to the game you are going to buy a ticket. Also, I personally saw numbers of tickets sales actually went up for schools that had live coverage. Seems crazy, but it is what I saw. I think it comes from better exposure and folks talking about the games on the air and around the community. There are some really fine broadcasters and productions in the WTN area. There is also some trash. Broadcasting is hard job. You either have it or your don't. If you think you just pick up a headset and start talking you are sadly mistaken. When I would get done broadcasting a game on Friday night I would be completely gassed at the end of the night. 

That's the Biden way of claiming an increase you big dummy.  You are comparing post covid to covid years of which there were two in a row that substantially affected attendance. 

5 hours ago, Deeper said:

That's the Biden way of claiming an increase you big dummy.  You are comparing post covid to covid years of which there were two in a row that substantially affected attendance. 

No. I should have shared my timeline. The numbers I saw were from 2015 - 2017. Dummy is the nickname your sister gave me. 

Edited by ManOfMillions