Dyersburg vs Dyer co

ball21

I’ve been around long enough to know that a degree of caution should always be used when speaking of rivalry games. And for those outside of the area, this game is part of the community’s 200th anniversary. There will be thousands in attendance. 

But with all that being said, this is a ridiculously talented Trojan squad. And historic J.C. Sawyers Stadium has proven to be a tough atmosphere over the years. 

3 hours ago, FtBallTimeInTN said:

I keep hearing that Dyer Co. defense is stifling! Will Dyersburg be able to pound it 3-5 consistently, will Dyer Co. be able to throw over this Dyersburg secondary?  This should be an interesting match up between the air raid and wing t. Who can make the most big plays and limit turnovers. 

They’ll face the best and deepest Dyersburg defense in a long time. I think there will be problems keeping DC’s qb upright

9 hours ago, FtBallTimeInTN said:

I keep hearing that Dyer Co. defense is stifling! Will Dyersburg be able to pound it 3-5 consistently, will Dyer Co. be able to throw over this Dyersburg secondary?  This should be an interesting match up between the air raid and wing t. Who can make the most big plays and limit turnovers. 

You must have Dyersburg and DC defenses switched. 

• Like 2

I’ve only seen bits and pieces of both teams - this was going off what I’ve heard others say. I do think Dyersburg has an excellent front, however have struggled with teams that can throw it. I wish I could have seen last years game, how was Dyer able to best the Trojans then? Either way, I do think it’s Dyersburg year based solely on the Hype surrounding the program and the depth/age of their team. Anytime you’re able to successfully run the ball, you have a chance.

3 hours ago, FtBallTimeInTN said:

I’ve only seen bits and pieces of both teams - this was going off what I’ve heard others say. I do think Dyersburg has an excellent front, however have struggled with teams that can throw it. I wish I could have seen last years game, how was Dyer able to best the Trojans then? Either way, I do think it’s Dyersburg year based solely on the Hype surrounding the program and the depth/age of their team. Anytime you’re able to successfully run the ball, you have a chance.

Lost the starting center a week before the game with a torn mcl. Had 10 fumbles, iirc. Had half a dozen other starters out that game also. A freshman DE, that will eventually be a stud, had to play and he got eaten alive in the second half. The majority of their yards were gained when he came in in the second half on that weak side.