cleveland duals

rcpatriot

Bad calls? Stalling was justified and the take down call was legit. When you put both of your hands down on the mat supporting a majority of your weight..... you've been taken down. If it was such bad of a call why didn't anyone argue it? Hummm....could be that it was correct. Take off the black and gold goggles and you might see that it was correct. Great tournament and a great place for us fans to see some quality wrestling...just wish I could have made it an all day trip.

xbody

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BigFatFan

the stalling warning was when both boys 119 were locked up and we thought the stalling warning was on CH. I don't agree with the calls. Wasn't that the same ref who called the Cordell/Jennings match at the state last year? If Cordell is lucky he will never have him again. But no one is that lucky!

PART 1

I made the trip to the Cleveland Duals on Saturday. Bradley once again proved the machine is well oiled and in gear to make another run at a state title. Though there are a few new names in the lineup that do not strike fear in the hearts of opponents, they are rock solid from top to bottom with several capable JV wrestles like heavyweight Shaun Grady. This will pose a serious problem for teams like Cleveland, Clarksville and Soddy who have bumped around in the past to try to get favorable matchups against the Bears. Barring Injury, Bradley looks to have a legit shot at landing as many as 9 in the State Finals. Michael Creagn at 140, Dustin Catlett at 152 and Quinn Gibson at 160 will each make a run at OW honors. I personally favor Gibson. He is unbelieveable and will certainly be one of the all time great wrestlers from Tennessee before he makes some college coach happy. Gibson was voted OW in his pool while Bradley's 103, Blake Tinsley, was voted MVP of the tournament.

[Edited by Silverbullet on 12-16-02 10:38A]

PART 2

For those wondering when the Bradley train may run out of gas, it won't be next season. The current lineup is junior dominated led by 160 lb Quinn Gibson. The 2003-4 team may have as many as 10 senior starters. However, Soddy and Clarksville shouldn't start licking thier chops for the 2004-5 season. The Bradley people tell me the future is bright with a stable full of good wrestlers.

Although beaten by a very good and defending Georgia state champion Collins Hill, the Cleveland Blue raders are a very good team and derserve a very high ranking. They are led by seniors Nathan Jones at 171 and Josh Bonham at 215. Cleveland could land as many as 4 in the state finals.

[Edited by Silverbullet on 12-16-02 10:41A]

PART 3

Farragut received a strong performance from Jeff Periera - 215. He scored a 12-8 decision over #1 ranked Josh Bonham of Cleveland. I look for a rematch in the state semis or finals.

Franklin came into the tournament with only one loss in 14 matches but quickly discovered Bradley was a little better than thier previous thirteen opponents. Highly ranked Bond Davis-140 was handled fairly easily by Creagan. Franklin did manage to get victories at 112 and 125 but were on the wrong end of a pin or tech fall in 9 matches. Franklin couldn't get it going against Cleveland either. The Rebels won at 140(Davis), 125(Felix) and 112(Ortiz) but were again bitten by the pin bug getting stuck 10 times. Both Davis and Ortiz should be state medalists with outside shots at the finals.