AC Mavs @ Powell Panthers WK1

6 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Both teams had their share of foolishness in the 2nd half tonight.

I will disagree to somewhat. Powell  history has always been not shy by losing the control and were tonight. Maybe AC had some but hitting and pushing players after the play Powell get my trophy. 

Edited by Mavericksinflight

Just now, Mavericksinflight said:

I will disagree to somewhat. Powell in history has always been not shy by losing the control and were tonight. Maybe AC had some but hitting and pushing players after the play Powell get my trophy. 

I don't disagree with the history, but to say that AC was innocent tonight is certainly a homer call. AC's offensive line was mixing it up a lot in the 4th quarter, and #75 certainly got in a couple of shoves and cheap ones (was flagged for one).

2 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

I don't disagree with the history, but to say that AC was innocent tonight is certainly a homer call. AC's offensive line was mixing it up a lot in the 4th quarter, and #75 certainly got in a couple of shoves and cheap ones (was flagged for one).

Now come on the Mavs were the lessor of the evils. But if you seen that at least we have hope, then I will take it. They need that fire. 

Just now, Mavericksinflight said:

The Mavs had everything pretty much go wrong tonight. They will grow just like Powell did last year in there loss 44-14 to Mavs. This game has always been a filler for each team to grow and go forward. I think Mavs learned a lot tonight 

Agreed, Mav. Great win for Powell tonight. These two teams definitely aren't the teams they were last season, but it's also Week 1. Here are some of my takeaways.

• AC is going to miss having a back like Noe to spell Moog. #2 may be fast, but he was a non-factor. I'll say it - Moog is still a load, but Wheeler was the better back tonight.
  • Hall is no Martinez, and Rodgers is no Potts, but they both have arm talent. I'm anxious to see how they progress throughout the season.
  • Both teams have WRs that have some giant shoes to fill.
  • Both teams have solid offensive lines, but I don't think AC's is nearly as good as it was last season.
  • AC is really going to miss having a kicker that can put it in the end zone. Powell made them pay for that tonight.

9 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

Agreed, Mav. Great win for Powell tonight. These two teams definitely aren't the teams they were last season, but it's also Week 1. Here are some of my takeaways.

• AC is going to miss having a back like Noe to spell Moog. #2 may be fast, but he was a non-factor. I'll say it - Moog is still a load, but Wheeler was the better back tonight.
  • Hall is no Martinez, and Rodgers is no Potts, but they both have arm talent. I'm anxious to see how they progress throughout the season.
  • Both teams have WRs that have some giant shoes to fill.
  • Both teams have solid offensive lines, but I don't think AC's is nearly as good as it was last season.
  • AC is really going to miss having a kicker that can put it in the end zone. Powell made them pay for that tonight.

Yeah those are good points. I still confident the Mavs have some breakaway talent. We did not get that speed in the open field a chance only once. So I look for a regroup by AC. And expect AC and Powell to be in the playoffs.