Covington @ Munford 8/18/23

CHARGERFAN

So, the Chargers open the 2023 season at Munford. Since Munford won the game last season at Covington, the Chargers will be hoping to return the favor. Still, Munford had a great season last year and I expect them to be the favorite to win again.

Covington lost all-State running back Jamarion Dowell to graduation. I believe that Munford returns most of their talent. 

What do y’all think happens in this one?

11 hours ago, FtBallTimeInTN said:

I'm excited to see how this one plays out! Both team seem to have tremendous speed, and are dedicated to pounding the rock. This one could come down to the wire. 

I suspect that team that makes the least mistakes will win this one. It could be decided by turnovers and / or penalties.

From what I've been hearing, there are some injuries that could hamper Covington. I also hope that last week's showing in the jamboree is not repeated. I'm sure Kirby will clean up the mistakes and Covington will be ready to play Friday night. I think Covington will keep it closer than last year, however, I feel that Munford has too much talent and experience and will pull this one out by a touchdown or so. As with an rival game, anything could happen. GO CHARGERS!

Here is what the Commercial Appeal thinks  about this game:

https://www.commercialappeal.com/story/sports/high-school/2023/08/16/tennessee-high-school-football-top-games-predictions-week-1-2023/70532899007/

Covington at Munford 

When: 7 p.m., Friday

Munford and Covington are always a fun rivalry matchup. Last year in Week 1, Munford won 28-7, largely thanks to Isaiah Cobbs in his debut with his new team. Munford is looking to continue its regular-season winning streak (11) and it has a good chance to do just that.  

Wilcox’s prediction: Munford 35, Covington 21