Bradley visits Walker Valley

alt1958b

1 hour ago, Humorist said:

Dont take this the wrong way. But i know you will. Ask anyone around in the 90's who the best has been? Dante Hickey. Hands down elusive. Not only that but would flat out hit you if you came over the middle of the field. Im not knocking your guy at all hes done great up to this point. But let me know when Bradley can do what we did? 

Anyone who watched Hickey play would agree he had the skills and probably the best that come out of either of the 3 schools. Carter is at least a peer in athleticism, but Hickey was an RB/LB versus a WR/DB. Difference there because of size and power (although I don't think the size is that different), but if you simply talk speed and moves... yeah Carter can be considered at that level.

I can go back to the 76 State Championship for Bradley (yeah, I can remember Cleveland's 1968 Championship as well) and Kinny Hooper days at Bradley and seen them all since. (I was also in the stands for Bradley's 1962 run although too young to really remember much other than the crowds and my aunt being cheerleader lol)

2 hours ago, alt1958b said:

Anyone who watched Hickey play would agree he had the skills and probably the best that come out of either of the 3 schools. Carter is at least a peer in athleticism, but Hickey was an RB/LB versus a WR/DB. Difference there because of size and power (although I don't think the size is that different), but if you simply talk speed and moves... yeah Carter can be considered at that level.

I can go back to the 76 State Championship for Bradley (yeah, I can remember Cleveland's 1968 Championship as well) and Kinny Hooper days at Bradley and seen them all since. (I was also in the stands for Bradley's 1962 run although too young to really remember much other than the crowds and my aunt being cheerleader lol)

Wrong... Dante was a Wr/Safety Jr Year and RB/Safety Sr year

Dante was also around 175lb at max back then. But yes, I believe i can see the similarities. Dante was being recruited as a safety our Sr year at Tennessee. Ended up in Coffeyville Kansas. Which was a feeder for Tennessee. Dropped out. Went to Georgia Military. And then left the game totally. around 5 or 6 years later decided to go try out for the Atlanta Falcons. Remind you he hasn't worked out or anything. And is the last player cut from their roster. 

Benny brought him out at the end of our jr year for track. Asked him to high jump? Never done it. He high jumped in high top shoes 8 feet and still had room to go. Broke the state record. But since it didn't happen at State it could never been documented. He would take off in 8th grade like Michael Jordan and slam dunk from the free throw line. Never seen a kid like him. 

But in all seriousness i haven't seen glimpses of speed like that since Dante and the Cobb Twins. Boo reminds me of them 

Edited by Humorist

6 hours ago, epatty said:

Walker Valley played 2A Polk county, a mediocre Cleveland, and a verge of shutdown Notre Dame. Think they've got something coming for them in the distance with 2 UT commits not to mention Martin, Tito, OL Eugene and Keith, etc.

You’re not gonna mention that Bradley played a down McMinn, an aweful Tyner, and a Maryville who had several starters out? WV beat a Cleveland team that had a lot of returning players from the team that beat Maryville last year. Plus, they were ranked in 6A. Don’t sleep on the Mustangs!

3 hours ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

You’re not gonna mention that Bradley played a down McMinn, an aweful Tyner, and a Maryville who had several starters out? WV beat a Cleveland team that had a lot of returning players from the team that beat Maryville last year. Plus, they were ranked in 6A. Don’t sleep on the Mustangs!

You guys started either on your 40-45 yd line or even in Cleveland territory. Cleveland punted how many times? 3 or 4 total? And how many penalties did Cleveland have in the first half alone? 110? So that definitely helps.Cleveland had what an inexperienced QB? A lot of things went the way of the Mustangs. No one is sleeping on the Mustangs. Maryville had what two total starters out? One being Ladue the Rb? Broken ankle. Not Bradley’s fault starters were out. Not their fault Tyner is down? And McMinn. Which you guys still have to play. I’m not mad but you guys have a decent defense. Not one like your boasting about that will hit you? I watched the game and didn’t see any “hits” But you guys have played a down and out Polk Co a down Notre Dame and above mentioned Cleveland. You guys are doing ok. 

23 minutes ago, Humorist said:

You guys started either on your 40-45 yd line or even in Cleveland territory. Cleveland punted how many times? 3 or 4 total? And how many penalties did Cleveland have in the first half alone? 110? So that definitely helps.Cleveland had what an inexperienced QB? A lot of things went the way of the Mustangs. No one is sleeping on the Mustangs. Maryville had what two total starters out? One being Ladue the Rb? Broken ankle. Not Bradley’s fault starters were out. Not their fault Tyner is down? And McMinn. Which you guys still have to play. I’m not mad but you guys have a decent defense. Not one like your boasting about that will hit you? I watched the game and didn’t see any “hits” But you guys have played a down and out Polk Co a down Notre Dame and above mentioned Cleveland. You guys are doing ok. 

It was a response to epatty’s criticism of who WV has played. 

“Boasting” is quite the stretch. Just saying this is probably the best defense WV has had (and they have had some good defenses as of late). 

No doubt they have their hands full with weapons at Bradley. Have a bunch of friends at Bradley. Nothing but respect for Coach Floyd.

7 minutes ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

It was a response to epatty’s criticism of who WV has played. 

“Boasting” is quite the stretch. Just saying this is probably the best defense WV has had (and they have had some good defenses as of late). 

No doubt they have their hands full with weapons at Bradley. Have a bunch of friends at Bradley. Nothing but respect for Coach Floyd.

I will say I like how WV is on the rise. Makes the rivalries that much more intense and elevates everybody’s play. And overall it makes Bradley Co as a whole look even tougher. 

• Upvote 1