Mcminn Co @ East Hamilton

RichyRich

After beating Tyner fairly good do the cherokees in Athens stand a chance of beating East Hamilton, seems like we always have fairly close games, but with mcminn in a rebuild with few seniors can they beat the hurricanes.  Looks like East Hamilton has played some other mediocre teams and beat them. I think maybe the cherokees get lucky and pull out another win to be .500, and the score looks like 29-21

The two previous years McMinn has won close games so I hope the trend continues. That being said it comes down to penalties and turnovers. If McMinn can play a fairly clean game and limit penalties with no turnovers while possibly picking up a turnover or two against EH then they can get the W I think. This McMinn team isn’t blessed with enough firepower to overcome penalties and turnovers 

54 minutes ago, MCKees said:

The two previous years McMinn has won close games so I hope the trend continues. That being said it comes down to penalties and turnovers. If McMinn can play a fairly clean game and limit penalties with no turnovers while possibly picking up a turnover or two against EH then they can get the W I think. This McMinn team isn’t blessed with enough firepower to overcome penalties and turnovers 

I agree. You guys have shown to be a second half (slow start) kind of team. If you come out and get a score early you guys shouldn't have a problem? 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

I thought mcminn was a good team when I saw them at cleveland a couple weeks ago Eventhough they lost. They execute that wing t to perfection. I told a buddy that they will have a chance to win that region. Congrats Cherokees

I'm glad yall were able to handle Farragut the way yall did good victory for both schools for sure!

• Like 1

I’ve seen better offense from the Kees after they switched the alignment of their offense. I realize the pistol is a extension of the wing T but the extra space has seemed to really help the offense. We had tons of penalties and mishaps in the Cleveland game, that also seems to be improving thankfully 

1 hour ago, MCKees said:

I’ve seen better offense from the Kees after they switched the alignment of their offense. I realize the pistol is a extension of the wing T but the extra space has seemed to really help the offense. We had tons of penalties and mishaps in the Cleveland game, that also seems to be improving thankfully 

Next week Is gonna be a tough one for sure

• Like 1

Oak Ridge is a great team but if we hope to make it to them in the playoffs then it’s better to play quality opponents now and not be shell shocked then. We also have Powell on the schedule along with Rhea. Got some tough ones coming up. Last two years playoffs had McMinn taking out Oak Ridge then Oak Ridge taking out McMinn. Both games came down to the final play. Hope we can hang in there this time 

1 hour ago, MCKees said:

Oak Ridge is a great team but if we hope to make it to them in the playoffs then it’s better to play quality opponents now and not be shell shocked then. We also have Powell on the schedule along with Rhea. Got some tough ones coming up. Last two years playoffs had McMinn taking out Oak Ridge then Oak Ridge taking out McMinn. Both games came down to the final play. Hope we can hang in there

The 2016 victory still baffles Me when the cats were lead by Tee Martin it was a 28-24 shoot out. I wanted to be there so bad, but Remember being stuck at work trying to listen to the game any second I had lol

15 hours ago, RichyRich said:

The 2016 victory still baffles Me when the cats were lead by Tee Martin it was a 28-24 shoot out. I wanted to be there so bad, but Remember being stuck at work trying to listen to the game any second I had lol

Yes Tee Higgins was such a talent. Yes we pulled a huge upset. Probably my favorite McMinn game I ever watched RichyRich

4 hours ago, MCKees said:

Yes Tee Higgins was such a talent. Yes we pulled a huge upset. Probably my favorite McMinn game I ever watched RichyRich

Probably one of my favorites was beating an undefeated dobyns Bennett  team, back when they were really good, not a bad team now, but even there fans would tell you they were much better at one point, in 2009 when mcminn was coming off a 6-4 regular season, think they turned around and lost to the cars 12-7, or back when Maryville had a super dynasty, and mcminn played them really close 21-26 or 20-28 one can't remember the score exactly.

• Like 1