Cleveland at Farragut

FHS_Admiral

1 hour ago, fooseball95 said:

Sheesh is the hate for Tygard that bad over there in middle Tennessee? Never seen anything like it. Great job to the raiders over 500 yards of offense with 300 on the ground. 

Not by the majority of the players/students or fans. There are a handful of folks that don't like his style of football. It's not traditional and it's not the football a lot of folks are used too. The onside kicks and going for it on 4th drove some people mad. The sideline music, and the extra stuff he did with events and fireworks and so on upset the traditionalist. Some folks loose sight that this game is not about them or what they like as much as it is the players and the students.  This is their high school years and primarily their experience, not yours/ours. Occasionally folks would get torqued over his interviews. They didn't like the fact that he didn't do them with a hat in hand" golly gee we need to be better, probably gonna loose" attitude, instead of hyping his players students and fans up for what the program was doing and what he was proud of with the team. I think if you look deep enough the folks that truly spew the hate are disgruntled coaches that he didn't retain when he came to Blackman or folks whose favorite phrase in life is well we never did it that way when I was playing.  ball. Pretty easy to identify when they have accounts that the only thing the have as topics is bashing him. As for the Raiders they played lights out on defense and the offense really seemed to be clicking The O-and D line really are the standouts. Great push and penetration .

Edited by Blaze45

14 minutes ago, WestHigh4Life said:

Did not see this one coming especially the final score.

Cleveland is playing Jekyll and Hyde this year. Looks great and gets everyone all up on them, then looks like they can't get out of their own way. The consistency is so lacking and has been for years.

Congrats on a great win at place they have not had much success at.

16 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Not by the majority of the players/students or fans. There are a handful of folks that don't like his style of football. It's not traditional and it's not the football a lot of folks are used too. The onside kicks and going for it on 4th drove some people mad. The sideline music, and the extra stuff he did with events and fireworks and so on upset the traditionalist. Some folks loose sight that this game is not about them or what they like as much as it is the players and the students.  This is their high school years and primarily their experience, not yours/ours. Occasionally folks would get torqued over his interviews. They didn't like the fact that he didn't do them with a hat in hand" golly gee we need to be better, probably gonna loose" attitude, instead of hyping his players students and fans up for what the program was doing and what he was proud of with the team. I think if you look deep enough the folks that truly spew the hate are disgruntled coaches that he didn't retain when he came to Blackman or folks whose favorite phrase in life is well we never did it that way when I was playing.  ball. Pretty easy to identify when they have accounts that the only thing the have as topics is bashing him. As for the Raiders they played lights out on defense and the offense really seemed to be clicking The O-and D line really are the standouts. Great push and penetration .

Reminds me of Lane Kiffin, everyone bashes him but when it comes down to it, the man can coach and the kids love to play for him. 

20 minutes ago, fooseball95 said:

Reminds me of Lane Kiffin, everyone bashes him but when it comes down to it, the man can coach and the kids love to play for him. 

Tygard has a ton of respect for Lane and has tried to emulate a lot of what he does. I don't pretend to always understand what he does when he does it but He is a great coach and a really good guy

Edited by Blaze45

Went back and watched the Cleveland/WV & Bradley/WV game..... Come away shaking my head at the Cleveland offense and all the mistakes, still think Cleveland is the better team. WV really hadn't played anyone, coach Akins go to is to play really really weak non region games to make there record look better than what they really are as a team. They played Polk Co for the love of God??? No disrespect to Polk Co but wv is a huge 5A school {almost 6A} and Polk co is a really bad 2A team.  The word is everybody at wv hates the head coach Akins, but  the administration love him.

The Bradley/wv game was ugly, really expected the wv defense to be better after all the talk. The wv o line is absolutely horrendous. The QB for wv is a player he just has zero help. WV has a big receiver #6 I believe it was that looked really good. If I was that kids parents I would transfer him to Bradley where he will be seen, and have some other good players around him. 

THe Cleveland/Rhea & McMinn/Oak Ridge games should be good ones this week.