Maryville middle loses tonight.

FootballDavis

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, howdoitknow said:

Maryville no longer carries around a mystique that makes people afraid of them/worship them.  That era is long gone and not coming back.  

I'm not sure this is completely true.  Bradley dumped a gatorade bucket on their coach post-game.  I get why they did it, but you don't typically see that kind of thing during a regular season game by a team favored to win if there's not more to it.

4 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Maryville is still "good" like a lot of other teams.  Maryville no longer carries around a mystique that makes people afraid of them/worship them.  That era is long gone and not coming back.  

Bradley Central, Knoxville West, Alcoa, Greeneville, Elizabethton, and others are just as good as Maryville these days.

They are not Oakland beating the brakes off of all of the other Rutherford County teams (seemingly invincible).  

If Maryville advances beyond the 2nd/3rd Round of the playoffs it is now considered a great year.  There's no shame in that either.  

Let the backlash begin.....

Those team you mentioned the "Mystique" does not have that effect you are right. Other teams it will help some. The region that Maryville plays in is tough. Maryville built the Dynasty in 4A ball when there wasn't much East Tn competition. It carried over some into 6A ball but now everyone is recruiting and catching up while it seems like Maryville isn't playing the game. Kinda like a college team not trying to use the transfer portal.