What's going on in Sweetwater with the coach suspension.

BarneySox2007

On 9/29/2023 at 11:50 AM, ILB1999 said:

don't know the man from adam.  so nah.  just can't stand this type of buffoonery.  

But your response is perfect.  Rather than realizing that the story is going viral (And it's not innacurate as we already know), rather than realizing that half the US is shocked by what happened, you take a look at someone who is bothered by the situation and try to discredit them by accusing them of bias.  

I love it.  No matter the facts, you see what you want.  You should go into politics.

If there were more to it sweetwater woukd announce what happened. They have nothing. They are horrible ppl to ruin a football season for the senior class & the rest of the team

On 9/29/2023 at 10:19 AM, withthewater said:

i will always love sweetwater, and i’m not defending that how he was fired was right or that the suspension was the best look for sweetwater, but he was not a good coach to the kids plain and simple. you don’t know the kids that he played under and how the entire summer and spring leading up to this season was. i don’t agree with how they did things and im sure it will come back and hurt them, but i feel bad for these seniors for their wasted last year 

More excuses. They hired him. The community ruined a season for the kids. I’d rather have a mean coach & not a bunch of entitled cry baby buddy ball boosters who will ruin a season so their boy can be QB. They opened that child to unnecessary hate he didn’t ask for. The boy threw 4 Ints last night. He wasn’t ready. Lil Slover was the better QB. Don’t admit. It’s ok

• Upvote 1

What can absolutely be said is that the hometown coaches are terrrrrrrrrrible coaches. They are not good at all. The defensive coordinator should be fired. I guarantee they were going behind his back to get rid of Slover because he was going to get rid of those guys. They aren’t good

Edited by VolsUntilIDie

On 9/28/2023 at 7:36 PM, withthewater said:

i’m not saying Dacus beats meigs county, central or stone memorial, but if you were at those games and seen how they were played out you would know that these stats don’t show how the game was played with slover at qb. under two minutes left in the game  down to meigs county with plenty of time to score Coach slover called 7+ wr screen passes. the quarter back could simply not move the ball down the field and when he was called out by fans about the horrible play calling late in the game he responded in a very immature way. i don’t think slover is a bad coach and i think this team isnt very put together in whole but i do think from day 1 his son was going to be the starter and there was no question about it and it did hurt the team as you can see their lackluster season so far 

Slover was better. Eat those words.

On 9/28/2023 at 4:14 PM, Wildcats423 said:

first of all when he first came in it should’ve been a qb battle with two underclass men and neither have started at Sweetwater high school. So during that time they absolutely should have been coached the same and if you don’t believe that then that’s the problem. Second once the starter is named you don’t just throw the other qb to the side obviously your 1 gets the reps and majority of coaching but every coach still develops there players or they would never have a good program

Eat words

13 hours ago, VolsUntilIDie said:

What can absolutely be said is that the hometown coaches are terrrrrrrrrrible coaches. They are not good at all. The defensive coordinator should be fired. I guarantee they were going behind his back to get rid of Slover because he was going to get rid of those guys. They aren’t good

Um. Witten is coach in his hometown at Elizabethton. So, not entirely accurate.