Elizabethton at D-B

TribalEmpire

4 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Definitely the best game in the Tri-cities tonight, expecting a Cyclones win but not in a blow-out, going to be close

You never know about DB. They could lose this game by 30 or win by 7. Elizabethton defiantly has the better team this year and better coaching for sure. They beat Science Hill by 20 and I think Science Hill is better than DB. DB's playbook creates a lot of mistakes on the field. There is no home field advantage at J Fred. The worst games DB has ever played is at home. I bet if you picked the worst performance each year it would have been played at J. Fred. On the other hand, opposing teams seem to get fired up to play at J. Fred. Going into this game there is nothing pointing in DB's favor. Most likely Witten feels like he has something to prove and wants to rub their nose in it. (though he has too much class to say it out loud). DB will have to come onto the field Fired up and play 4 full quarters of mistake free football to stay with Betsy. 31 - 7 Betsy, 24 -21 Betsy or 21 - 17 DB. Who knows. 

18 minutes ago, WaCoJaCo said:

You never know about DB. They could lose this game by 30 or win by 7. Elizabethton defiantly has the better team this year and better coaching for sure. They beat Science Hill by 20 and I think Science Hill is better than DB. DB's playbook creates a lot of mistakes on the field. There is no home field advantage at J Fred. The worst games DB has ever played is at home. I bet if you picked the worst performance each year it would have been played at J. Fred. On the other hand, opposing teams seem to get fired up to play at J. Fred. Going into this game there is nothing pointing in DB's favor. Most likely Witten feels like he has something to prove and wants to rub their nose in it. (though he has too much class to say it out loud). DB will have to come onto the field Fired up and play 4 full quarters of mistake free football to stay with Betsy. 31 - 7 Betsy, 24 -21 Betsy or 21 - 17 DB. Who knows. 

That’s why we love high school football. The numbers scream at you. And you look at them and think, we’ll, DB has only beaten SH 1 out of 5 tries and Betsy has beaten SH 5 out of the last 6. Better success against G’ville too. So, Eliz should win. BUT. It’s still 15-18 yr old boys playing a game. And the mental aspect gets a lot more involved at the high school level than at higher levels. So anything could sway the momentum. In the end, I hope Betsy wins and nobody has any injuries so each team can put it behind them and prep for the stretch run in their region play and get ready for playoffs. If you said I could win one and loose one between DB and G’ville I’d happily take a loss tonight. Everyone be safe tonight. We can all get together and nitpick the Vols tomorrow. 

Edited by BigDaddyDave

9 minutes ago, BigDaddyDave said:

That’s why we love high school football. The numbers scream at you. And you look at them and think, we’ll, DB has only beaten SH 1 out of 5 tries and Betsy has beaten SH 5 out of the last 7. Better success against G’ville too. So, Eliz should win. BUT. It’s still 15-18 yr old boys playing a game. And the mental aspect gets a lot more involved at the high school level than at higher levels. So anything could sway the momentum. In the end, I hope Betsy wins and nobody has any injuries so each team can put it behind them and prep for the stretch run in their region play and get ready for playoffs. If you said I could win one and loose one between DB and G’ville I’d happily take a loss tonight. Everyone be safe tonight. We can all get together and nitpick the Vols tomorrow. 

Well said Dave.

1 hour ago, lawnman said:

Batman our fan base loves them and they make a lot of noise during the game.

Oh,I've took a lot of heat over the bands as well. I don't care if it's DB ,Greeneville or UT's band .I hate it if a play is being run and the band is playing.I remember DB's band started up when they had the ball first and goal at South several years ago in a very close game. DB fumbled the snap and I was beside myself.Bad enough if your band  plays when the other team is calling a play at the line but down right { can't say enough } if your own team is running a play.

4 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

Oh,I've took a lot of heat over the bands as well. I don't care if it's DB ,Greeneville or UT's band .I hate it if a play is being run and the band is playing.I remember DB's band started up when they had the ball first and goal at South several years ago in a very close game. DB fumbled the snap and I was beside myself.Bad enough if your band  plays when the other team is calling a play at the line but down right { can't say enough } if your own team is running a play.

Our band has done that before as well.

3 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

If we did everything like the rest of the world does, we’d be like the rest of the world. We are built different. We cheer differently too. BVD told me us and G’ville both travel well. But he wished his fan base would be half as enthusiastic as ours. I don’t expect people outside of it to understand. By the way, thanks for the heads up on the YouTube live stream info, whoever that was. I always like to listen to the other teams call. It’s fun to hear them. The guys from William Blount are really good to listen to. I listen to them sometimes even though we are not playing them anymore. And I was told the guy for DB is pretty good too. Same guy that is one of the guest pickers on WCYB Sports I believe? Steve maybe? 

DBs team is very inconsistent but their live stream is always pretty good lol. If you have trouble finding it just respond to this post and I'll try to help ya out