Elizabethton vs Dobyns Bennett

pressboxhero1979

3 hours ago, lawnman said:

You do realize that there has been numerous Devils that have been to Witten huddle including Mason Gudger.Plus Witten has beat Gms as well.Two great programs!!

He does realize that G’ville’s Armbrister, and a kid from Science Hill played with us in 7v7 this past Soring?  That, a couple of years ago, Bryson Rollins and Jake Roberts, along with about a dozen kids from other local area teams, played 7v7 for Brigham Lyons out of G’ville and the Lyons Den. And that Deuce Morton was not just a Witten Huddle kid, but trained, probably more so, at the Lyons Den from junior high through senior year perfecting his footwork? The Den also worked with kids from South and DB. Nobody got stolen. Kids learned how to play together, which is what they will be doing in collage. Just as Amari Redd (SH) and Bryson Rollins down at Maryville Collage. If kids from Hampton, Happy Valley or Cloudland feel ELiz, is a Breyer opportunity. So be it. Just like kids feel the G Devils are a better fit then North or West Greene.

• Upvote 2

Really DB? No video tonight! No Tom Taylor. Not your own broadcast or even NFHS? What are you trying to hide? I guess I wouldn’t want anyone to see the booty whoop-n you about to get either. Oh well. I guess I’ll just have to video it myself. 

And now I’ve been told we can’t bring our cowbells. They have their band sitting in the visitors section. And to add insult to injury, they are having their alumni band and seating them in the visitors section also. They only sent us 1,000 tickets. This is a really bad look for 6A DB. Maybe next year, we will only allow you to bring a pep band. Bunch of Chickens! LOL

1 hour ago, BigDaddyDave said:

Really DB? No video tonight! No Tom Taylor. Not your own broadcast or even NFHS? What are you trying to hide? I guess I wouldn’t want anyone to see the booty whoop-n you about to get either. Oh well. I guess I’ll just have to video it myself. 

And now I’ve been told we can’t bring our cowbells. They have their band sitting in the visitors section. And to add insult to injury, they are having their alumni band and seating them in the visitors section also. They only sent us 1,000 tickets. This is a really bad look for 6A DB. Maybe next year, we will only allow you to bring a pep band. Bunch of Chickens! LOL

Does DB still video stream their games? I know they have in the past. 

14 hours ago, lawnman said:

I just watched the game and your assessment is correct.Both teams well coached and have plenty of athletes.

I forgot one thing. Betsy was beyond super classy. JV game wrapping up near field house, Betsy’s varsity warming up at the other end. The boys in orange unfurl a big blue flag on a very fancy silver flag pole. I think what in the world, yes I’m slow. The captains marched down the sideline flag in the middle. Rest of the squad follows in uniform order. They meet with the GMS captains in the middle of the field and present them the flag. They honored our Kaden who’s favorite color was BLUE, who died of cardiac arrest suffered at practice. Kaden’s Mom was the honorary captain and was overwhelmed in a positive way by all of this. I salute the Orange and Black!

Edited by noonesfool
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1