Elizabethton vs Dobyns Bennett

pressboxhero1979

Showdown next week at J.Fred Johnson stadium. This is clearly one of those games both programs and fan bases would like to beat their chest to come Saturday morning. Elizabethton will be the better coached team out of the two teams, Which leads me to believe Elizabethton comes out on top,but in a close one.

Elizabethton - 28

Dobyns Bennett - 24

Edited by pressboxhero1979

59 minutes ago, pressboxhero1979 said:

Showdown next week at J.Fred Johnson stadium. This is clearly one of those games both programs and fan bases would like to beat their chest to come Saturday morning. Elizabethton will be the better coached team out of the two teams, Which leads me to believe Elizabethton comes out on top,but in a close one.

Elizabethton - 28

Dobyns Bennett - 24

I don’t know yet. Thinking, need to read Lawnman comments.

8 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

I don’t know yet. Thinking, need to read Lawnman comments.

Noones I think this game will be very physical and it want be a blowout but I give Betsy the edge because of our defense.We’ve had some good defenses in the past but I believe this is Shawn best defensive unit in his 17 years as a head coach.

1 hour ago, pressboxhero1979 said:

Elizabethton - 28

Dobyns Bennett - 24

As a loyal DB fan, I think you are right.  We'll see...should be a good game

Physical game but after watching both teams EHS is the better of the 2. No common opponents yet but contrary to what DB fans will say I believe this year's team is weaker than last year's. We handled Science Hill who I'd say is probably on par with DB this year. Greeneville struggled with West but were tied with DB. Not sure if that that says more about either DB, West or Greeneville.

End of the day EHS is not the same team DB beat up on in the past and I feel we win this in a close one

1 hour ago, Tab said:

This will be Elizabethton defense first test. East, Grainger and Cherokee were not a test. SH was all run and idk about West. 

The running game will be a challenge. I was not impressed by the QB play at the Asheville game. If Betsy stops the run and puts pressure on the QB, it could be a 2 or 3 pic night. Things tend to happen when you are able to get a player out of his comfort zone. It’s gonna come down to line play (always does). 

9 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

Physical game but after watching both teams EHS is the better of the 2. No common opponents yet but contrary to what DB fans will say I believe this year's team is weaker than last year's. We handled Science Hill who I'd say is probably on par with DB this year. Greeneville struggled with West but were tied with DB. Not sure if that that says more about either DB, West or Greeneville.

End of the day EHS is not the same team DB beat up on in the past and I feel we win this in a close one

Greeneville has a heck of a team but I've been saying for weeks it's time to move on at QB that is our only weakness but in this game I got Betsy in a close one