Elizabethton’s HOSTS Northview Academy

BigDaddyDave

5 minutes ago, Rackattack said:

All I have to say half stands left after band performance I’m going to AD Monday first come first served sitting for playoffs after the thousands I put in program I will make this happen

Not only that but there is people near me that has season tickets but never come.

1 hour ago, Rackattack said:

All I have to say half stands left after band performance I’m going to AD Monday first come first served sitting for playoffs after the thousands I put in program I will make this happen

That’s been going on forever. The band people eat up the season tickets and roll out after halftime. When my son played I could never get season tickets myself, I had to buy them from someone on the secondary market. Lol. When he was done I stopped buying them. 

• Like 1

Also putting the students beside the band I think is an awful idea. At least the students show up and stay for the whole game. You are correct about the band people. 14 to 7 and probably 35% to 40% of the so called fans left. Just wait until first playoff game when the  band doesn’t perform there will be more empty seats than filled ones.

52 minutes ago, Tab said:

Also putting the students beside the band I think is an awful idea. At least the students show up and stay for the whole game. You are correct about the band people. 14 to 7 and probably 35% to 40% of the so called fans left. Just wait until first playoff game when the  band doesn’t perform there will be more empty seats than filled ones.

I hope you are wrong! I don’t think I can agree with that a lot of the season ticket holders are your elderly crowd I think playoff tickets will sale but it needs to be on a first come first serve basis like rackattack said it creates urgency to buy a ticket and get there early to get a good seat 

8 hours ago, JMorton said:

That’s been going on forever. The band people eat up the season tickets and roll out after halftime. When my son played I could never get season tickets myself, I had to buy them from someone on the secondary market. Lol. When he was done I stopped buying them. 

Same story in Gvegas last night. People left at 1/2 time.  But it was across the board. GHS band boosters are probably above average for football support. Band sits far left section facing the field with student body next to them.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Same story in Gvegas last night. People left at 1/2 time.  But it was across the board. GHS band boosters are probably above average for football support. Band sits far left section facing the field with student body next to them.

I can understand when the weather isn’t great and the game is a blowout. But it was 14-7 (somehow) at halftime. It took Northview getting tired for Betsy to pull away.