Elizabethton’s HOSTS Northview Academy

BigDaddyDave

3 hours ago, BigDaddyDave said:

That QB was the real deal. Hampton was a one dimensional team. Once they figured out they were not able to really throw on them, they just loaded the box, stopped the run and dared them to try. It was still a great accomplishment for Hampton to be there. They played hard and tough. I think all Carter County teams are like that. They don’t mind to line up and play smash mouth football. Tough as nails. And 2nd place in football, followed up by a Championship in basketball tells me there are athletes and good coaches up there. 

I totally agree brother. Hampton athletics has an awful lot of to be proud of. Not only now but historically. Van Huss and then White carried on to present: a track record of being great coaches at a very small Mtn School and small enrollments. 
The football program has had nearly the same success with Coaches such as JC Campbell going forward. I can only imagine that IF we (Betsy) had 6 of the best players from Hampton. But those Kids are loyal to their community and School rarely IF ever transfer to Betsy. 
A Carter Co “transfer portal team” with the best from the Co Schools like Greeneville would be able to play with anyone in the State. But the Co Kids are loyal. And i respect them for representing their school, friends, teammates, and community. Every Co HS has 4-5 Kids that would either Help Betsy as starters or providing quality depth. It’s about “family tradition” where your kids go to HS to the detriment of Elizabethton. Other “open enrollment” Counties get the best athletes from smaller City or County Schools. And it’s like the Blount Co Allstar Team. I think everyone who plays outta not live more than 15mi from the City System. Either move to the City or Play where you pay taxes. Open Enrollment is great for a few and detrimental to A Lot. 

• Like 1