Region 6 3A part 2

banannapeel

1 hour ago, Swarm said:

They really did. Heritage did too really. We were in the red zone on multiple occasions and either missed chip shot  field goals (x2) or Heritage made a big play to prevent a touchdown. These teams were so similar. 

Thing is, IMO, if we'd played in the first half of the season Heritage would have beat us without question. 

I plant my turnips elsewhere now as you know but looking at it from a distance I think the game that made it all come together for Fairview was actually the loss at Independence.  It was a close game for almost 3 quarters and Fairview’s kids believed that they belonged on the field with a much larger/more talented opponent.  It definitely wasn’t the same team that got ran past in the scrimmage with Marshall, ran over in the jamboree against Harpeth, beaten up in the season opener at East Hickman, and curb stomped in the game at Waverly.  

9 hours ago, hurrican615 said:

I said should not will. If fairview capitalized on all of their red zone opportunities the score would have been 35-0

I was at the game! Key term is *IF.*

Heritage played solid D with the exception of the 2 BIG runs given up in the 4th Quarter. The Patriots left some points out there as well. Or did you not watch the same game as me?

23 hours ago, howdoitknow said:

I plant my turnips elsewhere now as you know but looking at it from a distance I think the game that made it all come together for Fairview was actually the loss at Independence.  It was a close game for almost 3 quarters and Fairview’s kids believed that they belonged on the field with a much larger/more talented opponent.  It definitely wasn’t the same team that got ran past in the scrimmage with Marshall, ran over in the jamboree against Harpeth, beaten up in the season opener at East Hickman, and curb stomped in the game at Waverly.  

I agree 100%! I made a comment to a coach after that game…the score did not reflect how Fairview played that game! Those boys left that game with much needed confidence, especially those younger starters!

Looks like Fairview is the only one to survive round 1!  Any thoughts on their match up this week with Liberty Creek? 

Outside of the x's an o's I was disappointed in the crowd at the Nest on Friday.  Being a long time fan and having 2 kids go through the program, it was one of the worst I have seen - probably since I have been attending games.  I know times change through the years, there is more for kids to do now, which means parents are busier too.  I just hope this Friday, even with rain in the forecast, we as a community can make up for it!  This team and coaching staff have come a long way from the 0-2 start, the band has worked countless hours on their performance, and the cheerleaders are there week in, week out cheering in all kinds of weather!  Our community needs to do it for them!