Top teams in knoxville?

BriC

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Farragut has been the top program of late in Knoxville and Coach Farr has the luxury of players always wanting to attend Farragut HS for baseball.

There are some other Knoxville programs that have the ability to play the admirals and come out on top, especially when throwing their #1 pitcher. Most don't have the depth that the admirals enjoy, that is why at tournament time the admirals advance to the state.

Coach Farr also develops players through the regular season and he doesn't like to lose, but is not always overly concerned with a loss if it helpes his team in the end.

There is also some teams in Farragut's district that could push for the title because they have the talent, but the players need to know that they can win going into the game.

In District 4 last year, it was Maryville. This year, Maryville, South-Doyle, Knoxville West could all have a shot at a win if the pitching comes through. I don't think any of the teams have the depth this year to win the district title from Farragut.

Powell from District 3 gave them a run in region 2 and have a strong returning team and Science Hill will again be tough in Region 1.

Are you from Farragut?

I'm from Farragut....and H VOL is right (Heritage loss)....."on any given day" even the best teams hit it right at you. Whether it's Farragut or whomever the winner in this District will have to do it every game. Mental toughness and focus is what talented teams must have to suceed......work hard in school 8-3:30, but once you cross the white lines, it's strictly baseball business. I think the Admiral's have a terrific attitude and they get along very well with each other....there are star's but they don't act like it....leadership is strong and they all pull for each other. Win or lose.....they will come to play.

soupkitchen, how do you think tony delmonico will fit in to things at farragut? the kid seems to have a world of talent but lacks the right attitude. i'm sure tommy will keep him in check. i have personally seen him almost destroy a good team with his attitude. hopefully, for the admiral's sack, he has changed his ways! not trying to "bash" tony, just stating an observation on my part.

Tony is a good kid and quality ballplayer. As far as any attitude issue.....you are right about Coach Pharr handling that....if it should arise with any player. Tony has meshed well with the existing players....it's hard to be real cocky in that bunch; as there are a number of excellent players. Plus, Tony will one of several underclassmen that will contribute to the Admiral's this year....and - this is personal opinion - what many perceive to be cockiness in Tony today will later be recognized, as he matures as a young man and a ballplayer, as more self-assuredness and the desire to win. Plus, the Jr/Sr leadership will not let any one player be a distraction.....for very long. Again, all personal opinion.