Cornersville @ Huntland

HerefortheDAWGS

18 minutes ago, dawgswin said:

I guess they should run the wingT then?? But the backs in different offenses across the state have more carries than Ben does, so I’m not seeing your point in running the ball a lot more?

i’m saying playing a weak schedule and running a wing t which is mainly running would result in at least 100 backs in tennessee getting 2k yards

4 minutes ago, falconred said:

Taylor was a LB 1st that just happened to play RB.  Had several D1 offers, and all were as a LB.  Anybody with some size and some speed can play RB in 1A football.  

And Ben is going to navy as OLB. Same thing. Anyone can run with size and speed, but it takes more than that to get his stats! He has vision as well and great feet. He is playing positions in high school that suits the team and is producing wins just like he has since pee wee. I don’t understand the hate. Navy obviously saw more than just a big man running over little guys. They gave confidence he can play at the next level, but y’all wanna hate on him because he is 1A. Comical. 

6 minutes ago, BossDog said:

You must have not watched Ben run for 300 and 5 TDS against White & Moore County his sophomore year. Don’t remember Dawson doing anything that game. 

to me, dawson has accomplished more in high school than ben and has a possibility at state this year. what good defense has been put up 200-300 yards on? dawson has even ran all over fayetteville’s defense since his freshman year and those defenses were top 5 the last 3 years while ben was nonexistent against that defense

So went from beginning of season everyone saying we were no good and that the x’s and o’s didn’t matter more than the jimmy and joes, now it’s your only winning and getting yards because of the X’s and O’s And anybody can do it? SMH. It’s called great coaching and putting your best foot forward with you got which is the name of the game in 1A. Great job by the coaching staff as we knew they would do. 

Edited by HerefortheDAWGS

2 minutes ago, HerefortheDAWGS said:

And Ben is going to navy as OLB. Same thing. Anyone can run with size and speed, but it takes more than that to get his stats! He has vision as well and great feet. He is playing positions in high school that suits the team and is producing wins just like he has since pee wee. I don’t understand the hate. Navy obviously saw more than just a big man running over little guys. They gave confidence he can play at the next level, but y’all wanna hate on him because he is 1A. Comical. 

the main thing in this is OLB not running back. he’s a really good defensive player and i’m not saying there a lot of the kids better on the defensive side in the state. i’m saying there’s a lot of running backs that can do what he does

2 minutes ago, City223 said:

to me, dawson has accomplished more in high school than ben and has a possibility at state this year. what good defense has been put up 200-300 yards on? dawson has even ran all over fayetteville’s defense since his freshman year and those defenses were top 5 the last 3 years while ben was nonexistent against that defense

I’d rather be going to a D1 school than winning state. 

2 minutes ago, HerefortheDAWGS said:

Not hating on the kid at all, never said he wasn't any good.  I'm just saying he is not the best all around player in his region and with his size and speed, he will put up big numbers vs smaller opponents.  So whats your excuse as to why the numbers weren't there against Collinwood and MC, I am listening....

2 minutes ago, falconred said:

Not hating on the kid at all, never said he wasn't any good.  I'm just saying he is not the best all around player in his region and with his size and speed, he will put up big numbers vs smaller opponents.  So whats your excuse as to why the numbers weren't there against Collinwood and MC, I am listening....

ben is BY FAR the best defensive player in this region and dawson is the best offensive player in this region

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, falconred said:

agree 100%

that’s what i’ve been trying to explain but he’s missing the whole point. i saw a 5 star qb last week that couldn’t even do what dawson did against fayetteville. dawson could play anywhere on offense for any team in tennessee. same as ben would start on defense for any team in tennessee