Mcminn County vs Clinton

RichyRich

After mcminn dropping the ball the last two games to drop to 6-4, does mcminn beat an average Clinton team that beat heritage by 12, or does Clinton get the upset. I can't remember the last team these two teams played, may even be before my life time. If things play out how I think they should, I think mcminn gets the W and gets a rematch with oak ridge, final score=

McMinn County Cherokees 36

Clinton dragons 22

9 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

After mcminn dropping the ball the last two games to drop to 6-4, does mcminn beat an average Clinton team that beat heritage by 12, or does Clinton get the upset. I can't remember the last team these two teams played, may even be before my life time. If things play out how I think they should, I think mcminn gets the W and gets a rematch with oak ridge, final score=

McMinn County Cherokees 36

Clinton dragons 22

Lat time they played was 1975 with McMinn winning 48-7. McMinn holds a 5-4-1edge in the series.

6 minutes ago, alt1958b said:

Lat time they played was 1975 with McMinn winning 48-7. McMinn holds a 5-4-1edge in the series.

Wow, long time ago. Oak Ridge won state that year in 3AAA and were #3 in the nation, I believe. Many ages ago. Seems like we beat MC in the playoffs that season.

Edited by SweetScience

8 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Wow, long time ago. Oak Ridge won state that year in 3AAA and were #3 in the nation, I believe. Many ages ago. Seems like we beat MC in the playoffs that season.

1975 was my Jr year and Oak Ridge beat Bradley 12-9 that year at Oak Ridge, after losing to McMinn County (Hubert Simpson) and Baylor to start the season. It was Bradley's last loss that year and then went 13-0 the next year to win the championship for 1976 in a game voted most exciting int he US, the 3 OT win over Jackson Central-Merry 50-48.

Edited by alt1958b

6 minutes ago, alt1958b said:

1975 was my Jr year and Oak Ridge beat Bradley 12-9 that year at Oak Ridge, after losing to McMinn County (Hubert Simpson) and Baylor to start the season. It was Bradley's last loss that year and then went 13-0 the next year to win the championship for 1976 in a game voted most exciting int he US, the 3 OT win over Jackson Central-Merry 50-48.

I think that was another year you’re thinking of, maybe ‘79 or ‘80, because the only game OR lost in ‘75 was to Knox Central, 7-3. Beat Nashville Maplewood in the finals, 46-22. I could’ve misread your post though. If so, I apologize.

http://www.ahsfhs.org/tennessee/teams/gamesbyyear.asp?year=1975&Team=Oak+Ridge

Edited by SweetScience

2 minutes ago, RichyRich said:

I think oak ridge beats east Hamilton

I think mcminn beats Clinton 

I think walker valley beats Campbell County

I think rhea county/lenior city Is gonna be the one that's a toss up. But I think the golden eagles could pull off the W based off experience in the playoffs 

That last one may end up being the best game out of them all.

44 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

I think that was another year you’re thinking of, maybe ‘79 or ‘80, because the only game OR lost in ‘75 was to Knox Central, 7-3. Beat Nashville Maplewood in the finals, 46-22. I could’ve misread your post though. If so, I apologize.

http://www.ahsfhs.org/tennessee/teams/gamesbyyear.asp?year=1975&Team=Oak+Ridge

Bradley lost to McMinn and Baylor the first two games of the year.