Stone Memorial vs Upperman 2

Volsfan52

27 minutes ago, Volsfan52 said:

Does stone memorial have any guys out for this game? This should be a good game. I’m going with upperman in this one. Should be close.

Stone Panthers will not keep this game as close as you think. Upperman Bees will win this game by at least two scores. It will happen. I guarantee it. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message.

3 hours ago, Volsfan52 said:

Does stone memorial have any guys out for this game? This should be a good game. I’m going with upperman in this one. Should be close.

Stone’s QB is banged up a little. Putnam Academy should win by 2 TD’s but I don’t think it will not be like last time where Stone imploded.

4 hours ago, Khall555 said:

Where was I wrong?

Putnam Academy. Y’all are seriously acting like Upperman has recruited kids from all over the continent. Macon County has had transfers for years in every sport!  So has every other school. If they transfer legally then I have no problem but Upperman isn’t Memphis or Alcoa. So let’s just relax on the BS it’s getting old. 

Edited by UCSportsFan

2 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Putnam Academy. Y’all are seriously acting like Upperman has recruited kids from all over the continent. Macon County has had transfers for years in every sport!  So has every other school. If they transfer legally then I have no problem but Upperman isn’t Memphis or Alcoa. So let’s just relax on the BS it’s getting old. 

Alcoa started small once also just 4 or 5 kids a year.

Name one sport where they are bad.

How is it possible that a small town like Baxter magically starts producing winners in every single sport when no one else in the same county is consistently any good at anything? Even Oakland and Alcoa is bad at some sports. The only ones good at everything are private schools. 
Macon getting 1 player a decade from the football powerhouse of Red Boiling Springs (which holds many state records for losing) is quite a bit different than syphoning off 5 or 6 players a year from the largest school in the state.

Look it’s legal but people who say it’s not happening or love to say “we are just better” are the ones that irritate us in places without those advantages. They also protest when beaten by the Alcoa’s and Fayetteville’s of the world. 

Edited by Khall555
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Alcoa started small once also just 4 or 5 kids a year.

Name one sport where they are bad.

How is it possible that a small town like Baxter magically starts producing winners in every single sport when no one else in the same county is consistently any good at anything? Even Oakland and Alcoa is bad at some sports. The only ones good at everything are private schools. 
Macon getting 1 player a decade from the football powerhouse of Red Boiling Springs (which holds many state records for losing) is quite a bit different than syphoning off 5 or 6 players a year from the largest school in the state.

Look it’s legal but people who say it’s not happening or love to say “we are just better” are the ones that irritate us in places without those advantages. They also protest when beaten by the Alcoa’s and Fayetteville’s of the world. 

Coaching has a lot to do with their success. Upperman has very good coaches in most every sport. I don’t recall a huge influx of kids ever at Upperman. Maybe one or two here or there but 4-5 a year?  No  way. Look if I’m a football player in Putnam County and I want to win I’m not going to Cookeville. Upperman has slowly built this program from the bottom up. Upperman is becoming a force in 4A and it’s only going to get better.  Are they on the same level as Greeneville right now?  Not yet, but they are in the conversation in 4A and they are going to be for the foreseeable future. Oh and when round ball starts Upperman has a freshman that will be the best player in the gym. Home grown talent as well. 

Edited by UCSportsFan