Stone Memorial vs Upperman 2

Volsfan52

9 hours ago, UCSportsFan said:

Coaching has a lot to do with their success. Upperman has very good coaches in most every sport. I don’t recall a huge influx of kids ever at Upperman. Maybe one or two here or there but 4-5 a year?  No  way. Look if I’m a football player in Putnam County and I want to win I’m not going to Cookeville. Upperman has slowly built this program from the bottom up. Upperman is becoming a force in 4A and it’s only going to get better.  Are they on the same level as Greeneville right now?  Not yet, but they are in the conversation in 4A and they are going to be for the foreseeable future. Oh and when round ball starts Upperman has a freshman that will be the best player in the gym. Home grown talent as well. 

Lol show me where Dana McWilliams is this massively better coach than the rest of the ones in her district. Show me how the rest (Riddle, Buck, White) have huge talent drop offs and somehow she is immune. How can Riddle at LA go between State Championships to 7th in the District occasionally. Somehow Dana just seems to be able to coach up girls that become Ms Basketball while no one else has that magic touch.

Sorry I do not but it. How the rest of Putnam County seems to never win at anything while one school is State Championship level in everything. 

14 minutes ago, Khall555 said:

Lol show me where Dana McWilliams is this massively better coach than the rest of the ones in her district. Show me how the rest (Riddle, Buck, White) have huge talent drop offs and somehow she is immune. How can Riddle at LA go between State Championships to 7th in the District occasionally. Somehow Dana just seems to be able to coach up girls that become Ms Basketball while no one else has that magic touch.

Sorry I do not but it. How the rest of Putnam County seems to never win at anything while one school is State Championship level in everything. 

Who’s better than Dana McWilliams on the girls side right now?  You have 2 living legends in the Upper Cumberland for girl’s basketball in Lamar Rogers and Jim Brown outside of those two who’s even in the conversation?  White County has loads of talent why aren’t they competing? Coaching has a lot to do with it, say what you want. Riddle wouldn’t play Levy as a freshman so she left and went to Upperman. How’d that work out?  Is that Dana’s fault? On the contrary, she recognized the talent and made her one of the best players to ever set foot on gym floor in the UC. It’s a different world today. Kids are going to gravitate to winners and coaching has everything to do with that!  It’s not like Upperman is getting these 5 star athletes moving in from California or China. The most you’ll see is one here or there or maybe kids that went to a different middle school in Putnam County and decided to attend Upperman for high school. I’m not saying it’s not an advantage over Macon County or DeKalb County or some of the other county schools because it clearly does have an advantage but that’s not a Upperman’s fault. And they are not actively recruiting like some people on here are acting like. Larry White left RBS for Macon County. Do you not believe he had something to do with their girls winning a state championship?  Coaching means a lot but you still need talent. 

44 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Who’s better than Dana McWilliams on the girls side right now?  You have 2 living legends in the Upper Cumberland for girl’s basketball in Lamar Rogers and Jim Brown outside of those two who’s even in the conversation?  White County has loads of talent why aren’t they competing? Coaching has a lot to do with it, say what you want. Riddle wouldn’t play Levy as a freshman so she left and went to Upperman. How’d that work out?  Is that Dana’s fault? On the contrary, she recognized the talent and made her one of the best players to ever set foot on gym floor in the UC. It’s a different world today. Kids are going to gravitate to winners and coaching has everything to do with that!  It’s not like Upperman is getting these 5 star athletes moving in from California or China. The most you’ll see is one here or there or maybe kids that went to a different middle school in Putnam County and decided to attend Upperman for high school. I’m not saying it’s not an advantage over Macon County or DeKalb County or some of the other county schools because it clearly does have an advantage but that’s not a Upperman’s fault. And they are not actively recruiting like some people on here are acting like. Larry White left RBS for Macon County. Do you not believe he had something to do with their girls winning a state championship?  Coaching means a lot but you still need talent. 

I have said all along that they aren’t Bentwood Academy in the 1980’s but they have a major advantage over the rest of the area.
All it takes is a few players a year from Cookeville that builds the depth that small counties don’t have. You admit to that. Some don’t and just think they are better than others and we are crying. They think it’s funny when they stomp and dance at midfield on other teams fields. 

Also Larry White legit retired and was sitting at home when Beam quit at Macon. He didn’t leave RBS for Macon

Edited by Khall555

4 hours ago, Khall555 said:

I have said all along that they aren’t Bentwood Academy in the 1980’s but they have a major advantage over the rest of the area.
All it takes is a few players a year from Cookeville that builds the depth that small counties don’t have. You admit to that. Some don’t and just think they are better than others and we are crying. They think it’s funny when they stomp and dance at midfield on other teams fields. 

Also Larry White legit retired and was sitting at home when Beam quit at Macon. He didn’t leave RBS for Macon

It's quite amazing that you seem to know everything that goes on in Putnam county despite living two counties away and whining on CoachT every waking hour. The only advantages Upperman has are coaching, community support, and last but certainly not the least, a championship work ethic. This did not happen over night; every team in the Upper Cumberland has been getting out-worked by the Bees for over a decade. It is 100% home-grown talent. Coaches like Gabe Villarreal (now at Smyrna) instilled in us the mentality of a champion, and although he wasn't with the team long, he was instrumental in the development of players such as York and Ely. We still had that championship mentality even when we were 1-9 back to back seasons and only 19 players remained, and Coach Derek Samber was the scout team QB just so we could hold practices. We still had that mentality when we could only beat Pickett Co and were one of the worst teams in the state.

Pieces began to fall into place when Herron became head coach and rallied the community and got more students to show up. It wasn't a fluke when York and company dominated nearly every team they came across that year, and little ol' Baxter set national and state records against a team that could pull players from Chattanooga (over 40 times the population of Baxter btw), and beat a private from the same city. And when that same boy ends up on the front page of the Tennessean, the team is the talk of the town, standing room only at home yet even the mayor is there, kids who have never had a passing thought about football all of a sudden want to put the pads on next year. All because someone told them YES, they can in fact win in football. That was the beginning of a burgeoning culture at Upperman. 

Success breeds success, and nowadays when kids and parents can just google "what's the best football team in Putnam" before moving here, we don't have to do anything. Same guess for coaches like Caine. They just show up on our doorstep. It's like stealing candy (or players) from a crybaby. They certainly aren't moving to a school where all they can do is whine about how it's not fair. Players in my class moved to Gordonsville and Smith Co because we sucked. Both good players, one a hard hitting LB and the other probably the biggest lineman to come through Upperman. Both could've made a huge impact on the field. But I didn't come crying about it on the T. I put in more work in the off season.

"B-but Upperman fans cry too when they lose!", you exclaim. I've never accused teams like Alcoa of recruiting/cheating/etc, just salty about getting trounced deep in the playoffs. The people who choose to shift blame to things out of their control (refs, other teams) are just sore losers. It's been over 10 weeks yet you're still butthurt about your 1 loss to the U. You don't actually want to win, you just want your ego satisfied. If you did you'd work harder the next week. When the Tornadoes came to Cookeville years ago and I saw them play, I thought "They're the team I have to beat to win state". You on the other hand see a team like them and think "they're cheaters!" You've got the same mindset as the kids that quit the team because we didn't win but one game, or because the workouts were too hard. Simply put, you're a quitter who pouts and stamps your feet when things don't go your way. I don't know why the Tigers haven't forfeited this game already. Its apparent no one in Lafayette believes they can win. Just go ahead and turn your pads in. If you can't even beat Baxter, what do you think's gonna happen against Anderson Co, Greeneville, or Pearl-Cohn?

And Cookeville players? They couldn't hold our jockstraps until they learn how to play football like an Upperman Bee. Ain't it funny how one or two players from a mediocre 6A school can turn little ol' Baxter into a program Cookeville can only dream of. The Bees would go 10-0 with the Cav's schedule. Surely it can't be the coaches? Or maybe a winning mentality that has been developed over the years? Naw, must be those superstars we get from the other side of Willow Ave., they just turn into 5-Star recruits when they walk into Baxter city limits. 

The fact that you continue to denigrate the team and the players who have put so much blood, sweat, and tears into building a championship-level program, only to be accused of behaving like Lipscomb Academy or Brentwood Academy and attributing all of our success to a school that couldn't win a coin flip with a marble, is quite telling of your low moral and mental aptitude. All of this and we haven't even won a single state championship, much less make an appearance in a championship game. Pathetic! No doubt this crybaby loser mentality infests the rest of Macon County. Maybe try a powder puff league for a start? That might be a more appropriate talent level for the Macon Co. Tutu-wearin' Tigers

• Like 2

On 11/12/2023 at 10:18 AM, mofojoe said:

OK! If it feels good for ya then so be it.

But everyone knows compared to most county’s around it’s a huge huge advantage.

Let's go to 14 divisions so no one has any advantages. Let's force kids to go to certain in country schools so little Johnny's soccer team isn't affected. Let's have revenue sharing between the boosters and quarterback clubs so no one has a n advantange. If a team gets to many good coaches, they have to fire a coach so a lesser program can hire him. 

I'm all for putting a stop to cheating, but all this advantage talk is BS. It's called a good program maximizing thier potential. 

On 11/13/2023 at 5:22 PM, JohnnyRay said:

It's quite amazing that you seem to know everything that goes on in Putnam county despite living two counties away and whining on CoachT every waking hour. The only advantages Upperman has are coaching, community support, and last but certainly not the least, a championship work ethic. This did not happen over night; every team in the Upper Cumberland has been getting out-worked by the Bees for over a decade. It is 100% home-grown talent. Coaches like Gabe Villarreal (now at Smyrna) instilled in us the mentality of a champion, and although he wasn't with the team long, he was instrumental in the development of players such as York and Ely. We still had that championship mentality even when we were 1-9 back to back seasons and only 19 players remained, and Coach Derek Samber was the scout team QB just so we could hold practices. We still had that mentality when we could only beat Pickett Co and were one of the worst teams in the state.

Pieces began to fall into place when Herron became head coach and rallied the community and got more students to show up. It wasn't a fluke when York and company dominated nearly every team they came across that year, and little ol' Baxter set national and state records against a team that could pull players from Chattanooga (over 40 times the population of Baxter btw), and beat a private from the same city. And when that same boy ends up on the front page of the Tennessean, the team is the talk of the town, standing room only at home yet even the mayor is there, kids who have never had a passing thought about football all of a sudden want to put the pads on next year. All because someone told them YES, they can in fact win in football. That was the beginning of a burgeoning culture at Upperman. 

Success breeds success, and nowadays when kids and parents can just google "what's the best football team in Putnam" before moving here, we don't have to do anything. Same guess for coaches like Caine. They just show up on our doorstep. It's like stealing candy (or players) from a crybaby. They certainly aren't moving to a school where all they can do is whine about how it's not fair. Players in my class moved to Gordonsville and Smith Co because we sucked. Both good players, one a hard hitting LB and the other probably the biggest lineman to come through Upperman. Both could've made a huge impact on the field. But I didn't come crying about it on the T. I put in more work in the off season.

"B-but Upperman fans cry too when they lose!", you exclaim. I've never accused teams like Alcoa of recruiting/cheating/etc, just salty about getting trounced deep in the playoffs. The people who choose to shift blame to things out of their control (refs, other teams) are just sore losers. It's been over 10 weeks yet you're still butthurt about your 1 loss to the U. You don't actually want to win, you just want your ego satisfied. If you did you'd work harder the next week. When the Tornadoes came to Cookeville years ago and I saw them play, I thought "They're the team I have to beat to win state". You on the other hand see a team like them and think "they're cheaters!" You've got the same mindset as the kids that quit the team because we didn't win but one game, or because the workouts were too hard. Simply put, you're a quitter who pouts and stamps your feet when things don't go your way. I don't know why the Tigers haven't forfeited this game already. Its apparent no one in Lafayette believes they can win. Just go ahead and turn your pads in. If you can't even beat Baxter, what do you think's gonna happen against Anderson Co, Greeneville, or Pearl-Cohn?

And Cookeville players? They couldn't hold our jockstraps until they learn how to play football like an Upperman Bee. Ain't it funny how one or two players from a mediocre 6A school can turn little ol' Baxter into a program Cookeville can only dream of. The Bees would go 10-0 with the Cav's schedule. Surely it can't be the coaches? Or maybe a winning mentality that has been developed over the years? Naw, must be those superstars we get from the other side of Willow Ave., they just turn into 5-Star recruits when they walk into Baxter city limits. 

The fact that you continue to denigrate the team and the players who have put so much blood, sweat, and tears into building a championship-level program, only to be accused of behaving like Lipscomb Academy or Brentwood Academy and attributing all of our success to a school that couldn't win a coin flip with a marble, is quite telling of your low moral and mental aptitude. All of this and we haven't even won a single state championship, much less make an appearance in a championship game. Pathetic! No doubt this crybaby loser mentality infests the rest of Macon County. Maybe try a powder puff league for a start? That might be a more appropriate talent level for the Macon Co. Tutu-wearin' Tigers

It is ok Stone Panthers did not  mercy rule Upperman Bees in this game. It did not happen. I guarantee it. Upperman Bees were too good to let that happen. Now they are playing again this week vs Macon Tigers. I am Captain Guru and I approve this message. 

On 11/13/2023 at 4:22 PM, JohnnyRay said:

No doubt u copied homework from someone else in school and thought  ya made an A ALL BY YOURSELF!