2024 5A Season

FootballismyVice

Anyone else wonder how three all state players at OR are either uncommited(13) or going to a D2 school(3 & 22)? I wonder if the new HC is so worried about figuring out why throwing the ball put him out in the playoffs. My guess is he is not trying to help advertise his kids. Those three were way more talented than where they currently are going.

23 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Anyone else wonder how three all state players at OR are either uncommited(13) or going to a D2 school(3 & 22)? I wonder if the new HC is so worried about figuring out why throwing the ball put him out in the playoffs. My guess is he is not trying to help advertise his kids. Those three were way more talented than where they currently are going.

Grades?  Mediocre record?  It's all speculation unless an OR insider chimes in with some knowledge.

7 minutes ago, ILB1999 said:

Grades?  Mediocre record?  It's all speculation unless an OR insider chimes in with some knowledge.

Maybe grades but the bad record should not hurt if you're talented, which those three were. I mean 13 had legit D1 P5 offers before the new HC came in. My bet is HC and the ad are not pushing these kids to recruiters.

1 hour ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

Didn’t surprise me a bit. I think you overrated their talent, if you wanna be completely honest. Dozier is a great HS back, but doesn’t have top end speed. If you’re gonna play major college ball at his size, you better have elite speed. He doesn’t by a long shot. Rembert? No surprise at all, he’s tiny. I never expected any of those guys to be major college prospects, Nalls included. Maybe your talent evaluation needs revamping?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, atrisk said:

He's too focused on honing his "cheap shot" skills(?).

Anything to discredit the OR staff, I guess? They clearly weren’t working with as much talent as he thought they were. All 3 were really good HS football players, but there’s a huge difference in a really good HS player, and top tier talent at the collegiate level. 2 OR greats come to mind in that regard - Shawn Summers & Spencer Gulmire. Both were great HS players, but didn’t have the talent to actually start at the top levels of college ball. Although Shawn returned quite a bit of punts @ UT. I love Heyward, but he has the same problem as Dozier, lack of speed. If you weigh 180 lbs, you better run at least a 4.4 40, he’s not even close. He was way overrated early on,  obviously. I love the kid, but just the facts. He never progressed physically past his sophomore year. Great little HS football player, but just lacks top tier talent.

Edited by SweetScience

2 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Didn’t surprise me a bit. I think you overrated their talent, if you wanna be completely honest. Dozier is a great HS back, but doesn’t have top end speed. If you’re gonna play major college ball at his size, you better have elite speed. He doesn’t by a long shot. Rembert? No surprise at all, he’s tiny. I never expected any of those guys to be major college prospects, Nalls included. Maybe your talent evaluation needs revamping?

I'll give you Dozier did not have legit P5 speed and lacked size, Rembert has the speed but is small. Where is the excuse for Heyward that had legit P5 D1 offers?

52 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

Anything to discredit the OR staff, I guess? They clearly weren’t working with as much talent as he thought they were. All 3 were really good HS football players, but there’s a huge difference in a really good HS player, and top tier talent at the collegiate level. 2 OR greats come to mind in that regard - Shawn Summers & Spencer Gulmire. Both were great HS players, but didn’t have the talent to actually start at the top levels of college ball. Although Shawn returned quite a bit of punts @ UT. I love Heyward, but he has the same problem as Dozier, lack of speed. If you weigh 180 lbs, you better run at least a 4.4 40, he’s not even close. He was way overrated, obviously. I love the kid, but just the facts. He never progressed physically past his sophomore year. Great little HS football player, but just lacks top tier talent.

So he should at least be signing somewhere decent right?

14 minutes ago, SheriffofRedRock said:

So he should at least be signing somewhere decent right?

Like where, exactly? The kid is not P5 talent. Like I said, I love the kid and have loved watching him, but he just doesn’t have the talent. I could see him going to a Tennessee Tech type school, which would be great for him actually. Really good academic school. He just never got better physically from his Sophomore to SR season. Same thing happened to Kendall Jackson. Some things you just don’t have control over.

Edited by SweetScience