Where does DCA go?

Playerscoach

59 minutes ago, fb247 said:

Criticism being given to new coach about his experience. Thoughts about Lipscomb coach and his experience. Also Ensworth coach. Never been head coach and in programs higher up than DCA.

Are we really comparing an ex NFL QB and a DI football player/ DI football coach to JP? This is incredible. 

Let me think, Which one do I want?

Resume 1: 7-24 as high school head coach, 60-9 middle school coach

Resume 2:  DI QB at Boston College, stuck around the NFLfor half a decade, sports analyst. He also has been a part of the Ensworth football and linked to Bowers the last 4 seasons. 

Resume 3: Prior experience at Lipscomb as a passing game coordinator and position coach. He also spent time in the public school ranks as a position coach Hillsboro. If that wasn't enough, he then worked on the staff of DI football program. Multi-year started at 2 sports at an SEC school.

It's also funny that you mention Ensworth when DCA could have had the guy who just left there after 5 seasons and a 32-22 record.  If you think JP is a better hire than Jamie Graham or Tim Hasselbeck, you are on crack. 

8 minutes ago, stephenhargisunderstudy said:

Are we really comparing an ex NFL QB and a DI football player/ DI football coach to JP? This is incredible. 

Resume 2:  DI QB at Boston College, stuck around the NFLfor half a decade, sports analyst. He also has been a part of the Ensworth football and linked to Bowers the last 4 seasons. 

Resume 3: Prior experience at Lipscomb as a passing game coordinator and position coach. He also spent time in the public school ranks as a position coach Hillsboro. If that wasn't enough, he then worked on the staff of DI football program. Multi-year started at 2 sports at an SEC school.

It's also funny that you mention Ensworth when DCA could have had the guy who just left there after 5 seasons and a 32-22 record.  If you think JP is a better hire than Jamie Graham or Tim Hasselbeck, you are on crack. 

The administration obviously thought he was better than the last guy at Ensworth. Does that make you mad? 

50 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

The administration obviously thought he was better than the last guy at Ensworth. Does that make you mad? 

It doesn’t make me mad. Just makes me question the process and what the criteria they were looking for was. 

It sounds like they keyed in on wanting a DCA guy who knew the community. So, we shall see how that plays out. If that is what they were looking for, I would say they found it. My hope is JP does well and I look like an ### for not trusting admin to do their thing. 

But I will say, passing on guys who are perhaps more qualified and have had some success at other similar (and honestly better) programs for an unknown is a huge gamble. If JP fails here, the job gets a lot less attractive. 

1 hour ago, stephenhargisunderstudy said:

It doesn’t make me mad. Just makes me question the process and what the criteria they were looking for was. 

It sounds like they keyed in on wanting a DCA guy who knew the community. So, we shall see how that plays out. If that is what they were looking for, I would say they found it. My hope is JP does well and I look like an ### for not trusting admin to do their thing. 

But I will say, passing on guys who are perhaps more qualified and have had some success at other similar (and honestly better) programs for an unknown is a huge gamble. If JP fails here, the job gets a lot less attractive. 

I am not on crack, I  simply asked what made the LA coach and new Ensworth so attractive. In your own words perhaps more attractive and some success at better programs . Does not sound like a glowing  response to me. 

1 minute ago, LetMeSpin said:

Sounds like DCA wanted someone that might stick around 10+ years. I think most people knew PW was just waiting for a bigger job and maybe they thought some of these other options may have been using the job as a stepping stone

I don't disagree with that assessment. They want a guy who is going to be around for the foreseeable future. CPW was going to be a guy that every single year had the chance to jump ship for a bigger job.  How long is the leash for CJP? How many years does he get if this thing goes South? 

It is fun to watch the comments and some being positive and some negative. Pierce is hired and time will tell if this is a good hire or not and at this time...he is the coach. We do not know the applicant criteria that DCA was looking for and many factors play into that final choice. Is he a fit for DCA and is DCA a fit for the applicant. Many factors can rule a candidate out or in and yes even the experienced ones don't make the final cut by their choice or the school. The applicant is interviewing DCA as much as they are him. Unless we were in that interview process, all we can do is either be positive or negative, supportive or not. I will be supportive and be there on Friday nights and maybe some Thursday nights as well. 

18 hours ago, fb247 said:

I am not on crack, I  simply asked what made the LA coach and new Ensworth so attractive. In your own words perhaps more attractive and some success at better programs . Does not sound like a glowing  response to me. 

LA hired Kevin Mawae.  Trainwreck.  Went back to Jamie Graham from Nashville with roots.  Ensworth is big trainwreck and I dont think Hasselbeck will win, but his wife can win some elections later.  

BA has the best coach, he just needs to fix the OL and get some players and build depth in lower grades to beat Chattanooga who is ahead of everyone right now. 

21 hours ago, stephenhargisunderstudy said:

CJP is a better fit for DCA than either.
Roc Batten doesnt win state anywhere as head coach.   And would he a terrible fit for DCA.    

CJP will be a lifer when gets kids in and wins.  Most important thing to do is build roster immediately inside the school and he has already reached out to right people to help get other kids to play.  

U need to get back to grundling Vic Grider down there in South Pittsburg.   Or go be Gary Rankin’s ipad man on Friday Nights!

• Like 1