Where does DCA go?

Playerscoach

7 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Then you have a ton of bias. Being a great man who has coached for a long time doesn’t make you a better candidate. 

I am biased . If you have a candidate then you are biased also. Everyone who has mentioned someone is biased. He is a good coach as well as a good man and has coached for a few years. He must have been a good coach or Paul Wade would not have let him be the DC. Being the DC must say something about his coaching ability. 

Edited by fb247

18 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

The coaching criteria are good teacher of fundamentals, good game plan creator, and MOST of all a coach who gets players to leave the stands and play. 

DCA didn’t get that with Wade and they know with the high numbers in 5th-8th grade they need to keep the momentum.  

So kids that need to get out of the stands and play did not play because Paul Wade did not get them to play. I guess BA has screwed up then. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, fb247 said:

So kids that need to get out of the stands and play did not play because Paul Wade did not get them to play. I guess BA has screwed up then. 

BA doesn’t have a numbers issue do they? DCA most certainly did. That’s not a Paul Wade indictment by any means, it’s a fact. 

Edited by Playerscoach

31 minutes ago, fb247 said:

I am biased . If you have a candidate then you are biased also. Everyone who has mentioned someone is biased. He is a good coach as well as a good man and has coached for a few years. He must have been a good coach or Paul Wade would not have let him be the DC. Being the DC must say something about his coaching ability. 

I have no candidate so I can take an unbiased approach. I am also aware of names being considered, product on the field, the program overall, discussions had amongst alums and board members, and a 40+ legacy family at the school. How about you? 

2 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

BA doesn’t have a numbers issue do they? DCA most certainly did. That’s not a Paul Wade indictment by any means, it’s a fact. 

They might now. If you are saying Paul didn't get DCA numbers then it is just a matter of time before BA numbers fall.

1 minute ago, Playerscoach said:

I have no candidate so I can take an unbiased approach. I am also aware of names being considered, product on the field, the program overall, discussions had amongst alums and board members, and a 40+ legacy family at the school. How about you? 

I know enough to have a knowledgeable opinion. If you are not biased and have no candidate why do you feel like you even need to comment for or against any candidate . 

3 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Really? BA is a football factory with a pedigree second to none. You think Wade would be a negative ? 

He could be. You are saying he did nothing to get the numbers up at DCA.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, fb247 said:

He could be. You are saying he did nothing to get the numbers up at DCA.

I didn’t say he did “nothing” so don’t misquote me. I provided a fact that the kids didn’t get out of the stands the years under Wade. That is a fact but comparing BA to DCA in that regard is sort of silly don’t you think? 

Edited by Playerscoach

10 minutes ago, fb247 said:

I know enough to have a knowledgeable opinion. If you are not biased and have no candidate why do you feel like you even need to comment for or against any candidate . 

Feel? It’s a message board where things are discussed and this is a thread I created. I have no candidate other than whoever is the best choice. I also know the criteria I mentioned and since you named your choice I replied to you. I said early in the thread the two internal candidates were not ready based on the criteria I have been provided. Why is this a difficult concept for you? 

2 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

Feel? It’s a message board where things are discussed and this is a thread I created. I have no candidate other than whoever is the best choice. I also know the criteria I mentioned and since you named your choice I replied to you. I said early in the thread the two internal candidates were not ready based on the criteria I have been provided. Why is this a difficult concept for you? 

Because I think you are not qualified to make any decision for what is best for DCA.

7 minutes ago, Playerscoach said:

The kids didn’t get out of the stands the years under Wade. That is a fact but comparing BA to DCA in that regard is sort of silly don’t you think? 

If kids don't play at DCA because of Wade then his coaching style may keep kids from wanting to play at BA. The kids that did not play at DCA most likely would only make the sideline crowded with no value to team success.