Meigs County

4 hours ago, Yeti said:

Pretty sure we have a coach :mrgreen:

And a good hire from what Im told. 

This is a homerun hire! I've known Nathan since he was in middle school.  He's a well-rounded young Christian man who has worked his way up by coaching under some awesome head coaches. 

37 minutes ago, blitzinbuc said:

This is a homerun hire! I've known Nathan since he was in middle school.  He's a well-rounded young Christian man who has worked his way up by coaching under some awesome head coaches. 

I was told he was a great offensive mind. Look forward to seeing what he brings and who as far as assistance coaches.

20 minutes ago, Yeti said:

I was told he was a great offensive mind. Look forward to seeing what he brings and who as far as assistance coaches.

He was named Offensive Coordinator of the year for two years when he was coaching for Central High in Knox County. Retired Alcoa coach (who won numerous state titles) picked Nathan to be his offensive coordinator when he took the reigns two years ago at Boyd-Buchanan.  Last season they went undefeated and lost to CPA in the state championship game. 
Given some time and player development into his system, he'll build a solid team for Meigs! 

edit: I don't know which current assistant coaches he'll retain (no doubt he'll want to keep Baker), or how many he'll want to bring in. Did some of Bunch's assistants go to Sweetwater with him? 

Edited by blitzinbuc

On 2/13/2024 at 4:20 PM, Yeti said:

good hire for meigs...seen him operate the last couple years...he obviously wanted to be there and wanted a HC title....them CoC'ers wanted to keep him and couldnt

Booger just sayin :thumb:

On 2/16/2024 at 4:22 PM, Booger said:

good hire for meigs...seen him operate the last couple years...he obviously wanted to be there and wanted a HC title....them CoC'ers wanted to keep him and couldnt

Booger just sayin :thumb:

I don't know alot about him, but he seems to garnered some respect from the coaching world that he's been a part of. May take a few years to get things going his way, but if he sticks around Meigs outlook is definitely turning around.

On 2/19/2024 at 10:44 AM, Yeti said:

I don't know alot about him, but he seems to garnered some respect from the coaching world that he's been a part of. May take a few years to get things going his way, but if he sticks around Meigs outlook is definitely turning around.

It looks like a great hire for Meigs. In the long run a better coach than the one that left for Sweetwater, from everything I hear. This year it will be between Central and Tyner. I don't think anyone else can hang with them. 

18 minutes ago, roundhouse said:

It looks like a great hire for Meigs. In the long run a better coach than the one that left for Sweetwater, from everything I hear. This year it will be between Central and Tyner. I don't think anyone else can hang with them. 

Pretty sure you are right about Tyner. Not heard much on Central. If our new coach is as good as advertised it should be an upgrade from Tommy. I personally believe we sent Tommy to Sweetwater so we could extend the streak we have going against them. :mrgreen: :ph34r:

1 hour ago, roundhouse said:

you got 2 centrals in your region....surely the reference was to Englewood and not Harrison

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

On 2/19/2024 at 10:44 AM, Yeti said:

You going to have to explain this. Meigs outlook turning around? They have been on top for the last 8-10 yrs. Only way they can go is down.

7 hours ago, Oldtimer1 said:

You going to have to explain this. Meigs outlook turning around? They have been on top for the last 8-10 yrs. Only way they can go is down.

We lost a coach and are supposed to be down in talent. One problem already fixed it looks like and a good coach will get the most out of what kids he has. So yeah things are already looking better than expected the way I see it.