White County at Upperman 2/5

1 minute ago, Classless said:

Did they really throw a game? 

No Upperman probably didn’t but other teams have been caught doing it though. The TSSAA should have fixed this issue by reseeding teams in Regionals if the 1st round like this occurs. Upperman should play White and Lawerence and Stone should play but that is not how the brackets work. 

Just now, Khall555 said:

No Upperman probably didn’t but other teams have been caught doing it though. The TSSAA should have fixed this issue by reseeding teams in Regionals if the 1st round like this occurs. Upperman should play White and Lawerence and Stone should play but that is not how the brackets work. 

I can't imagine how you coach a team to throw a game.  As a competitor I believe I would think my coach had lost their mind. 

6 minutes ago, Classless said:

I can't imagine how you coach a team to throw a game.  As a competitor I believe I would think my coach had lost their mind. 

2015 Riverdale vs Smyrna both teams were going to have to face Nationally ranked Blackman in an elimination game if they won but could avoid them by losing. It was a clown show where they intentionally turned the ball over to each other and didn’t attempt to play defense. 

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/02/smyrna-riverdale-coaches-suspended

21 hours ago, Classless said:

Did they really throw a game? 

No, they did not throw a game. That guy is an idiot.  They didn’t play well and in district 7 AAA if you don’t play well you get beat.  This is not a cupcake district.  Cumberland County high school is sitting at home because they didn’t play well. They are a very good team that did not make the region tournament and it wasn’t because they tanked.  The Upperman program doesn’t dodge anyone.  I remember years ago when you had Jackson County at their best Livingston and Upperman all in the same district and Coach McWilliams could have thrown a game to get opposite of the other two but did not. JC would go on to win their first of 4 gold balls in a row, Upperman won a couple of Silver balls along with Livingston winning 2 as well and not one time did Coach McWilliams throw a game to avoid playing those teams so keep your mouth shut about Upperman. This guy is just mad because his team got beaten on their home floor by a better team. Back to the topic of discussion…

• Like 2