The score table at the State Tournament

On 3/15/2024 at 8:43 AM, WestTNHoopsFan said:

the Douglas game vs Austin East (officials called a million fouls... anothter story for another day), Austin East should have been shooting 2 free throws and they didn't

One of the worst officiated games I've ever been affiliated with .  But can't blame the refs for the mistakes of our players but I think if AE was allowed to play like the other teams in the state tournament, then it would've been a closer game and maybe even a different outcome.  

Edited by Turtle

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Didn't understand that one. 

Same. When I heard the number of the player assessed the “T” I couldn’t believe it. If you were to poll the city on the least likely to get a technical foul, the young lady assessed the technical would be voted least likely unanimously.

But then again, I felt the same way two nights earlier when McNeal was given a tech. In the moments leading up to his ejection I commented how the game had gotten away from the officials and that each coach was going to have to walk a very fine line to avoid getting hit with a whistle that might have catastrophic consequences. According to the Sun, Brent was simply trying to get an explanation. I can assure you that he wasn’t the only one. When a point disappeared from Dyersburg to start the second half I asked a referee for an explanation. He said that the officials had made the same inquiry and that the scorer’s table would not give an explanation. It wasn’t until after the game that we realized that the discrepancy came from Dyersburg’s first basket of the game. A two point shot was given three points on the scoreboard and stat sheet. If you go back to the video, there was no reason for anyone in the gym to believe it was a three as none of the arms of the officials ever rose. And why they couldn’t fix that before halftime is beyond me. And on a related note, stat sheets were consistently inaccurate during the quarterfinal round. I finally gave up on their stats and relied solely on what I could record in real time.

Edited by tennesseeannouncer
Typo