whats happening at 189

dederk16

Davis of Westside beat Goodman of MBA 6-5 to win first place at 189 in the Ryan Invitational tonight. Great match with two physical specimens going at it. First time I have seen Davis----helooks good, really ripped and quick. I have not seen the Campbell kid wrestle but if he is as good as the posts say, he and Davis should be a war if they hook up at the state.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Davis did look good this weekend. He must have decided to get into shape this year. He was very physical and intimidating to his opponents. He will do well if he stays in shape. I would like to see him wrestle Greenwood. I was very impressed with Greenwood's recovery this weekend. He lost to the Houston kid and was on his back against the CBHS kid. He fought back very well. I hope Ryan sees Westside again. Quick note Good looked good, also. D2 state will be a good one to watch.

Guest TheMuffinMan

Leavy Davis and Paul Campbell wont be much of a match this year, because tonight Campbell got beat by Drew Helmsteder of Cleveland at they're Dual Meet. Campbell looked rough, he could be awesome if he'd just get in shape. Get em' leavy!

Cooper is pretty good for a first year varsity wrestler. He needs to stay focused because he hasn't even been to a state tournament yet and that's where it all counts. I feel he has a CHANCE to win it all but saying it is much easier than actually doing it. He needs to remember that there have been many wrestlers who were much better than he is at this point in his career that never won a state championship. Again, if he stays focused, I believe Coopers future with the Bears will be good and maybe great. After all he is just a Jr.