Smith v Gordonsville- Round 2

savethelove

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Vaden, When they start a 1 on 1 league for that superstar you got over there you be sure to let me know. Ask Austin why he went to Gordonsville in the first place. Maybe it was because he knew he would always be taking a back seat to the better ball player. Just a thought and you know it is the truth. Owls once again. Getting kind of ridiculous ain't it. One win for you guys every what 10 years. You just keep on thinking that it will turn around and I'll hold my breath till it does. LOL

Guest BossHogg

No, according to imallin, Austin isn"t good enough to start for Carthage. I bet coach Sanders would have a different view. Now that is over! It was a heck of a game, Sleeper is a better long range shooter than Austin, But, Austin all around game is better. BOTH ARE GREAT PLAYERS THAT EITHER TEAM WOULD LIKE TO HAVE! The difference in the game was Glover, Anytime you can shoot 11 of 13 from the floor, That is awful good shooting for anybody in any level. GOOD LUCK TO BOTH SCHOOL. :)

Austin wanted to go to Gordonsville same reason as everyone else did......the people are nicer.Besides, get your facts straight before you mouth: Fact is Sanders knows Austin personally and wanted him. John just wanted Gordonsville.If he had've went to SCHS instead of GHS then he still would've started, if he hadn't then he still would've been the sixth man. Fact is both Sleeper and Austin are good. It's just Austin is the favorite around all of Smith County.

Austin is very good, but Sleeper is just a step better. Austin probably shoots better but Sleeper plays D better, passes better, and he WINS. That is the big difference. If Austin was the better player, he wouldn't have let his team lose. When Sleeper guarded him, Austin was held to only 4 points. One was a sweet jumper where he spinned right around Sleeper and the other off a rebound. Sleeper did a good job on him. Austin is good, but he needs to learn how to win, Sleeper was like that last year, he has finally figured out how to win. So, G-ville needs to let it go...it's over....Sleeper went out....he's gone...ya'll won't see him again. Be glad you got to see him...he is a heck of a player.

First of all, it was a great game, fun to watch. Next, I'm sick of seeing all this. This is stupid. Both players are good, both are fun to watch. It seems Sleeper has the egde b/c of the wins,but Austin is very talented. Also, you Gordansville ppl should be embarassed...your crowd was simply immature and out of hand. I got the pleasure of sitting on the tiger side. When I see grown adults yelling and harassing a teenage player, I think their is a little jeoulsy. Thats all this is. Get over this stupid agrument. If you are from Gordonsville, you should be apologizing to Sleeper for the way your crowd acted. It was disgusting.

Do you mean Austin would have started or been sixth man as a freshman or now? Austin is good. I don't know if Spivey would have started him as a freshman, but I do know he would have started Friday night and every other night for the Owls this year. He is as good a player as either team has had in the last five years. He and Sleeper are both good. Who's better? Doesn't really matter. Both players have qualities that make them good. I'm glad we have Sleeper, wish we had Austin, but wouldn't trade. (except Austin has one more year? )

bilcot, have you lost your mind? Those two schools will never, I mean never be consolidated. As much as some of us know it would be advantageous for the athletic programs and the academics, the people would never go for it. The new schools being built guarantee that for at least 40 years. The older I get (not fifty yet) I even find myself glad this county has two schools. Gordonsville has many good people who support their school as does SCHS. I don't blame them for wanting to keep their identity as a small ,rural school and community. There is something to be said for that. It really doesn't hurt anybody. I truly believe good educations and high school experiences can be had as it is today.

Go OWLS!

Now ya'll know I'm not a basketball fan...but the last time I checked...I think I saw five players for each team on the floor...(unless, of course, you're in Jackson Co...seems to be six men on their floor)...Ryan Sleeper, the Austin kid from Gordansville...Lebron James...I've not seen a single one of them playing on a team of their own...I think...now I could be mistaken...but I think...there are four others out there with them...Don't ya'll think it's putting a lot of pressure on the kids you're singleing out...and belittling the other kids on the teams???...to keep saying Sleeper won the game???...or that Austin is the best???...

Guest sportsknowitall

why should the g-ville fans appolagize? SCHS fans are tons worse because they think they are the best, g-ville fans are way better, GO TIGERS, and the hOsepipe....... i'm not going to g-ville cause i'm not leaving my friends,but you need to get your attitude checked to, and by the way hOsepipe, you know who i am, figure it out

Now you don't see or hear anything for days leading up to this game from many Tigger fans, but just as soon as your team has a 15 pt. lead at the half and you think you have a chance to win the game and you blow it. You think you were wronged or something and seem to want to defend why your team got beat yet again. If you don't say Sleeper has a bad attitude then it is Austin is the better player his team around just s-cks. If not officiating in the girls game was bad then Coach Dodgen shouldn't have shimmied. I continue to find it hilarious how folks from the southside justify their stand on most issues when they hardly ever make any sense whatsoever. I bet you all are still trying to figure out who that ref was that missed Woodard laying in the end zone versus Macon Co. a few years back. You guys never get BEAT, you only make too many mistakes or get cheated. LOL

Guest h0sepipe

sportsknowitall, i'm not going to stoop to your level and call out certain people. this is a SPORTS column post, not an insult column. now you do need to work on your spelling, so i know i don't know you from my english 101 class. ;) and my attitude is perfectly fine, but thanks for asking.