Fred Peete in Washington??!!??

Guest Ballingfan

Guest Ballingfan

I live in Pullman, WA and am curious as to how were are blessed to watch Fred Peete play. What brings him to Pullman, what ties does he have here. He is a phenom here in Washington. The local farm boys can't touch him. Did he move because he was overshadowed, I noticed that he was only ranked 31 and 40 against other Tennessee preps. He is truly amazing to watch, we don't see players of his caliber often. He and Tavarious Payne landed in Pullman over the summer and no one really knows how they ended up here.

Guest Ballingfan

Many rumors going around... can anyone clear some up?

Peete is nephew to Rodney Peete?

Payne and Peete are half brothers?

Came to play because they will get scholarships locally? WSU?

OK, I have figured it out with the help of my multitude of sources.

Fred Peete and TP might be half brothers, I do not know...I know that TP doesn't have much of a family back here in Memphis, and was always with his mother. He never spoke of a FP when I knew him, so I highly doubt they are brothers and I doubt that Rodney Peete is related to FP...Rodney Peete is like 39 which would make him only 21 years older then FP, so I doubt he is an uncle or something like that. FP moved to Washington with former Memphis Westside Head Basketball Coach. The basketball coach is also TP's legal guardian...in fact TP went to Westside and was going to play basketball. I presume that TP went with FP and the coach. I do not know how they ended up there, the best thing to do is ask TP...he's a nice guy even though he is a hulk. If you see him, tell him that his Memphis Rebels coaches and players are hoping he does great up there, and we hope he can help us out when it comes AAU time once again. I am glad TP is out of Memphis, he can get his head straight, get his grades up, and stay out of trouble...I hope he does well.

Guest Ballingfan

Sorry I took so long to respond. Thanks for the info. I don't know if Tavarious goes by T. He is 6'7 or 6'8, slender, not realy big, and 15 (sophomore in school). What you're saying makes a lot of sense. There are a few older guys at the games that are obviously tied to the boys, it now makes sense. They had to go through hearing for eligibility as they moved to Washington, it worked out and they are playing. They have helped Pullman High go from a average-good team to a great team (mainly Fred). Fred is averaging close to 30 and double digit rebounds. "T" is playing sporatically, he even floated on JV a few games. Pullman started out 2-0, but have lost 2 in a row. They are still a very good team and probably have a good shot at state. They play in a AA league. WA goes up to AAAA, so their at a smaller school, probably 500-600 kids. Sounds like you played with him. I probably will not get to speak to him. I work with the school alot and only know him from a distance through the school and watch him play basketball. If I ever talk to him I will tell him you and your team wish him well. Again thanks.

Guest Ballingfan

I just found out. There have been people at the games rooting for "T", sound like the same guy. I hope he does well here also. He can be a great player. He will be very good once his coordination catches up and he fills out. It will be good to see his progression. Again, we do not have players like TP or FP other than at WSU and they all come from the westside of the state or California. They should get alot of attention here.