West Tennessee Whoop'in

PinU46

Well, once again, West Tennessee wrestling proved that it just cannot compete with the big boys. According to Papabear3, Father Ryan and MBA went to Memphis this past weekend and put a serious whoop'in on Houston, Collierville, and Christian Brothers. (I am sure that Chris Lewis and his boys were absolutely humiliated to have two Nashville teams come into the CBHS gym and smack them around like a red-headed stepchild!)

However, I noticed that a great match-up at 171 between CBHS and MBA did not take place. Where was MBA's 171 (Luttrell)?! I think that he and Marable would have had a great match. Was Luttrell sick or what? Perhaps he suddenly came down with a severe case of butterflies and did not want to hook it up with Marable. Come on MBA people, give us the low-down! Will Luttrell arise to the occasion at McCallie this weekend? Can he actually compete with Marable?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luttrell had the SATs we were told. He didn't want to wrestle him before the McCallie tourney if you want my opinion. As far as the score goes, Father Ryan was real impressive and could go anywhere in Tennessee and clean house. They are serious state contenders and are (in my opinion) a sleeping giant this year. CBHS can beat MBA, they (MBA) aren't impressive. Goodman was out of shape and sloppy. Beat their middle weights and hang tight with their upper weights - MBA loss. Ryan will put a beaten on MBA, again, my prediction. Ryan by about 15-20 over the big red this year.

[Edited by thegatling on 12-16-02 2:16P]

[Edited by thegatling on 12-16-02 2:17P]

Gatling:

I am afraid that your analysis is completely void of any intelligence or reason. Now let me be very clear, I DO NOT have a dog in this fight, but from looking at the results in an earlier post, MBA spanked CBHS 46 - 27 with several back-ups in their lineup at 160, 171, and 275. Moreover, since the whoop'in MBA put on CBHS is very close to the whoop'in Ryan put on CBHS, there does not seem to be that much between the the two teams. Nonetheless, I guess the issue will be decided on January 10, 2003. Regardless, it is obvious to anyone and everyone that CBHS will continue to be a bridesmaid everywhere outside of Memphis; especially in Nashville and Chattanooga.!

Guest westtennwrestle

In 82,84 & 85 CBHS came in 2nd in state team wise. That's when there was one division and one true state champion for each weight class. We beat Ryan & MBA regularly. We make no excuses for losing. We are all working hard, coaches and kids, to close the gap between us and east Tennessee. When we do that, we'll beat anybody any time any where.I'm making it my personal project to bring West Tennessee to this level, D1 and D2. At the Sonic Inv. Middle School Tournament we had 4 in finals, Baylor Middle School had 6 and Nashville Christian had 1. All four of our kids won, 3 by pins, 1 by tech. Two of the wins were over Baylor kids. Next year we will start kids wrestling at the 1st and second grade level. A couple of years ago when my sons started wrestling, I asked someone in Nashville what they thought the problem was with West Tennessee wrestling, they replied, no one is teaching any technique. Well, I've watched our teams and coaches. They teach good technique. The only difference I see is that middle and east Tennessee have been working there technique 5 to 8 years before they ever enter high school, where west Tennessee kids usually don't start until they get into high school. Well, like I said , I'm working hard to change all that. I'm anxious to see if middle and east Tennessee can lose with as much class as they do when they win. I'm coming, just like I did in the early 80's, and this time I'm bringing all of west Tennessee with me! Tom Marable CBHS state champ 81 and 82 :)

[Edited by westtennwrestle on 12-16-02 8:42P]

[Edited by westtennwrestle on 12-17-02 12:06A]

Blue, yes it was a whoop'in, but to respond to an earlier post, I was not humiliated, just disappointed. I knew that Ryan would be tough this year when I saw their team last year and I was right. I knew that MBA was loaded at the top, and I was right about that too. They are both very good teams. I tip my hat to them. The reason I am writing is because of the bridesmaid comment. I generally don't write on boards, just post scores, but I have a question? Why is the opinion of West Tenn wrestling so low? How many teams in the state could have done better against MBA or Ryan? Just curious. Out of the 130 some odd schools that wrestle in Tennessee, how many would have done better? OK, Bradley, Soddy, McCallie, Baylor, maybe Cleveland and Clarksville, then who??????? I am not attacking anyone or any school. If I missed a school that should be on this list, I apologize. We have traveled all over the state in the last year and a half and have dualed Ryan, MBA, Bradley, McCallie and Cleveland and been in tournaments with just about everyone else. Is it because we don't have a team in the top 5? Let me know...

Chris Lewis

CBHS

Wow! Great post by Tom Marable! The crazy thing is....he's right. West Tennessee has just begun to develop a good middle school program and Walt Holmes, Mike Simpson, Jose Delgado, Tony Bradley, and others are making sure that our guys keep up well with the freestyle competition. In D1, Region 8 has finished fourth the past two years in state placers per region. Obviously the lack of feeder programs has caused the gap between west TN and the rest of the state. But be rest assured, it is changing in a hurry. We are developing the youngsters and they ARE developing top notch technique skills.

• 2 weeks later...