2003 Region 5 & 6 - 2A

TANK77

So now that the season is over what is everyone lookin like so far in Regions 5 and 6 in 2a .I know that Loretto is loosing alot of starters and not having that many come back. I think that Lewis is loosing a few and so is Waverly.

To me Fairview will be a very good condender next year for the region title. We will have a whole lot better line . Our running back will be a Junior but he has speed and some moves. I think the only thing that we will be lacking next year will be wr and some dbs. But over all we should be a pretty steady team.

I have heard Region 6 next year will be really weak and that alot of teams are loosing seniors , is this true?

Tank # 77

I wouldn't say 6-2A will be weak. It's not a strong region top-to-bottom, but still fields some good teams.

Huntingdon should be very tough again... they return their key skills players, particularly Bell and Porter. Now, if they could just get out of the 1st round of the playoffs...

McKenzie ought to be good as well. It will be interesting to see, though, how badly the loss of Ricky Mathis hurts their rushing game.

Riverside will most likely be down, as they're losing a lot of their key players. No idea what they have coming up.

Adamsville should be way down... I believe they're losing something like 12 seniors, which isn't good for a team that only dressed out around 35.

Camden could be the surprise of the region... good young talent there, especially Boyd. We'll see how the new coach does with them, but he's got talent to work with.

Chester County could go either way. We only lost 6 players, but one was our best offensive lineman. Most of our skill players are back, and we'll have quite a few seniors on the field. After a year of adjusting to the new system, the potential for a good season is there, but it's up to the players to want it and work for it. Keep an eye on Myron Fulton, who finished the year strong - he could put up some big numbers in '03.

If I had to make my 6-2A picks right now, based only on what I know each team has returning, I'd put them like this:

1. Huntingdon

2. McKenzie

3. Camden

4. Chester County

5. Riverside

6. Adamsville

[Edited by TheBoredGuy on 12-17-02 9:51A]