GREATEST RIVALRY IN TN, DYERSBURG VS DYER CO.

altshauf

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

altshauf, i think the boys game is all DC friday nite. DC will be loaded with all there players back. Even with Butch out of the picture and (i don,t think he will be) DC wins . But it will be close. The girls game could go either way, but I am leaning towards DC, we just seem to have there number. Also the DC girls are better now than they were then. Dyersburg girls are struggling abit. They have lost some games i thought they would win. I could be totally wrong on both games, but thats the way i see it shaking up. Both games will be electra-fying. It will seem like a State Championship game.

[Edited by figbar on 12-19-02 5:08P]

IMO the reason Dyersburg-DC isn't the greatest rivalry in the state is that it doesn't mean *ANYTHING* except bragging rights. Yes, bragging rights are big, I know that, but it's not a district game, they aren't even in the same classification.

Bartlett-Bolton is the best rivalry I've seen, and Bartlett-Germantown was good until the TSSAA moved Germantown to 15-AAA.

opperman,

i know that you are the moderater and everything, but the reason i said what i did was for attention to the thread. anyway, i know that there are alot of people in memphis that would argue. but bragging rigths in dyer county is a way of life. people will hear it at work all the time. i still hear things about when dyersburg got beat by dyer county in football last year today. so, you would really unerstand what it means to these people if you watched the dyer county fans get into it.

I am a moderator, altshauf, but don't look at me as some high and mighty authority or anything.

Anyway, I do know the idea of bragging rights quite well...Bartlett-Bolton has a lot of that as well. I just think that, for a truly great rivalry, the game has to be more than just bragging rights...it needs to be a district game.

Just want to clear up something to everyone not in Dyer Co.

If you are reading about this whole ordeal, dont get the idea that Dyer Co. is winning with Dyersburg's players. There is nothing further from the truth. I dont know of anyone who even sees the floor that Dyer Co. allegedly "recruited" from DHS. Dyer Co is a team made from very good athletes (two in particular) who have spent hundreds of hours in the gym. I am not saying there hasnt been any wrong done because there very well could have been. However, if anyone want to bring up the "R" word, I have heard stories from reliable sources about other sports at Dyersburg. Some of is has already been mentioned, so I wont go into detail.

I think the bottom line here is if Dyersburg was beating DC like they have in the past, this would be a non-issue. It's just odd that when DC (smaller classification) starts beating cross-town rival DHS (larger classification) at almost every sport, something has to be wrong. I dont have anything against Dyersburg. I have a lot of friends that went to DHS, but I just think there is more to this issue than what is being said.

Anyways, I am looking forward to the game tomorrow. I think it will be a great game in a college-like atmosphere, and I think both teams have a chance to win.

look handydan, or bbk, or ?????????, be quite....

quit your crying......you are right on one thing and one thing only...that is the players that are on dc team right now are all yours....... they are not the 6 or 7 in the last three years that dburg complained about "RECRUITING"...... the most obvious being the boy from california who disappeared off the face of the earth for some reason...... you know, the good football player who just happened to play basketball!...yep, butch steped on GENERAL COUNCE toe on that issue and COUNCE was not going to complain....... he was just flat out going whip butches tale......that more than likely would of been a better solution than butch getting fired..........at least it would of kept butch and his "trusty" sidekick from coming on dburg's campus and so bodly recruiting in front of the dburg administration during summer work outs.....

quit your crying about 3 oakes players and read page 44 section 4-#3 TSSAA administrative handbook - by-laws - undue influence.... that section should clear up the 3 oaks allegations for you....

if you are not satisfied, then get off your sissy butt and complain........get them pink panties off...be a man and do the right thing...call the tssaa........ but for goodness sake please quit complaining that everyone else is doing it!.......you sound like a little boy who got caught with his hand in the cookiee jar......

make that complaint...dburg school will take the punishment and keep their mouth shut......and move on...... can you say the same?

and you are right about one other thing, the truth has yet to be told on these boards about your mentor butch, even you do not know all the facts about what has happened......it can and will be arraigned, unless you drop the subject and dissappear from the face of coacht...... you have been warned!......

both dyer cnty and dburg administration have been blasted unfairly by "those people who think they are in the know", when in fact they have limited information (he said she said) and think (this or that) is a violation when in fact they do not know or understand the tssaa rules......even the tssaa has been blasted because why?...because dburg principle is on the board of control....that and .50cents would get him a cup of coffee......again nothing more than a little child crying because he got caught reaction.....the tssaa, dburg and dyer cnty school administrations by far try to do the right thing........

it is time for these threads to stop so people accross the state can get back to enjoying better threads, you know, like "private" vs "public"............

[Edited by mg on 12-20-02 1:07P]

Spoken like a true Dyersburg IDIOT. mg if you know so much, why don,t you turn in the ones from Dyersburg in to the TSSAA yourself. If you want things to be right, you get off ur sissy butt and do something. Lets see what kind of man u are???? Mister know it all!!! We should have told on Dyersburg about the burning of the Ballfield. You would be on probation right now if we had. No, we did the right thing and handled it internally, like ur suppose to do. Not be a crybaby and run to the TSSAA on every little thing that happens. Your principal, from Dyersburg is jelious and has a vendetta againt Butch. I hope ur happy. We are gonna beat yaw tonite, both games. :D:):)

[Edited by figbar on 12-20-02 2:59P]

i have looked at the "undue influence" section and cannot find any violations against dburg, based on allegations on these threads...allegations are just that, sometimes what you perceive "as wrong" in fact may not be a violation of tssaa rules.....my or your opinion of what is right or wrong does not matter, it is what the tssaa rules say...

if i saw a coach doing something wrong, i would inform the athletic director so he can address it..... i have done just that in the past and will continue to do it in the future....just ask dburg ad, he will tell you the same.....he wants to know.....and i did just that 3 years ago about "hopkins" trusty sidekick...i told an official in the dyer cnty system that they needed to correct it cause i saw it with my own eyes....they did nothing....so the tssaa did...blame me if you want i do not care...... but quit blaming administrators from dyer cnty or dburg...blame the one that should have it........

regarding the field burning incident...it was reported and since the juvenile justice system handled it, no fruther action was required...

i also prefere boxers vs briefs.....they are just too "sissy"... i like that "free feeling" dog......

next "dim wattage lightbulb" please

:D:):)

[Edited by mg on 12-20-02 3:25P]