D-B 53 GREENEVILLE 50

ArtVandalay

Huge road win for D-B. Azmar Blye nailed a half court shot at the buzzer. Inbounds pass with 2.3 sec.. 2 dribbles and knocked it down. 2nd straight buzzer beater loss suffered by Greeneville in as many games. Blye came up huge in the final 1:00. Down 3, he drove the baseline, putting in a layup, and 1. Greeneville tried to hold for a last shot but there Big Man 6-10 was called for traveling, just before he was fouled going to the hole. Crowd from Kingsport went crazy and Green Devil players and coach showed NO CLASS.... By walking off the court without shaking hands. ROLL TRIBE!! :D

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for DB! Even though I'm a Topper fan I'm very happy for the DB team,Coach Morgan,and their fans. That sounded like a great game! Doesn't suprise me the way Greeneville handled the loss. I'm sorry, but they are poor losers. When they lost to SH the other night by that 3 at the buzzer the Greeneville coach stormed off the court and I even saw him push a SH fan, and I didn't see thier players stay to shake hands either. Good job DB and Good Luck to the Indians at the Arby's Classic!

The Greeneville players and coaches went to shake hands with DB after the game, DB was celebrating their win and they were the ones who didn't come and shake hands with the Greeneville players. You might want to get your facts straight before you come on here and make a fool of yourself.

Gaucho, you are so wrong. I was there. I saw it all. D-B players celebrated, but not any longer than anybody would have in that situation. Your trash talkin' boys tucked their tail's between there legs and run of the court. No Class. And the Coach was the last one to go. He could have told them to go shake hands, our boys were just standing there. But he chose not to.

See you in the Arby's Classic. Oh, No I won't, no invite given to Greeneville.

[Edited by ArtVandalay on 12-21-02 1:53P]

Hey DB fans, did you guys even bother reading the Kingsport paper? Your own writer said that Malone didn't walk but that he was actually fouled. Also, I was there and the Devils DID try to to shake hands after the game. The only reason you Kingsport people call Greeneville "cocky" is b/c you got beat in football and it hurt your feelings. Well get over it! You guys are just as cocky as we are. The point is, Greeneville got outplayed last night and I can admit it. But you want to know something else? Greeneville IS the better team and everyone of you tribe whiners are gonna see it at the BVH Dome. Go Big Greene! :D

Finish what you start!! D-B found that out when we played SH> Dominated the entire game! Led by 11 with 2:30 to go. Well, the game wasn't over and SH somehow came back. D-B was the better team in that game, but we lost. Greeneville says they were the better team against SH and D-B, well, you got finish on top to say that and you didn't. See ya in Jan '03.

Roll Tribe!

wsp too bad the Greene Devils can't finish anything they start. I think your team are the ones who are weak as heck. Beaten at the buzzer twice in a week....OUCH tell me how bad that hurts you BIG LOSERS! Once you become a STATE POWERHOUSE then maybe we can talk again. Until then I'm sorry but I don't talk to little Greene Devil hillbillies. And what's with that stupid tree branch your fans dress up. I guess there really is nothing else to do in Greeneville. What you guys do for fun plays with rocks and sticks? All I can say is you had your chance to beat the Toppers 2 and you couldn't pull it off. Hope you have a nice Xmas break.........the BEST East TN teams like DB and SH will be at the Arby's! Sorry you don't get an invite :)

Guest villageidiot

I have watched DB basketball for thirty years...besides having a tradition of winning and playing with heart and guts...there is one constant that hasn't change during all those years...fans hate us and getting a call on the road is near impossible...case in point...I wasn't there but whitson tried his best to give the game to science hill...he couldnt do so they had to win on a miracle shot...despite the fact we blew an eleven point lead. Whitson has done this for as long as I have watched DB. The calls weren't any better at Greeneville.You guys climbed our backs all night...you say the big guy didn't walk...maybe so, but you can't leave azmar blye open...even at half court. One other thing,,,what took so long to clean the mess up on the court...they certainly gave greeneville a break...out trainer was out there cleaning up...where was the help? Greeneville played a smart game...but remember we were also missing 15 points from a starter who didn't play...so consider yourselves lucky that it wasn't 68-50.

villageidiot..........I know Whitson doesn't like SH or make calls in their favor. I have witnessed poor calls against the Toppers way too many times by that man. Usually SH boo him......I know plenty that don't like the man. I have heard Whitson constantly makes poor calls against the Indians and Toppers. I was at the Arby's Classic Championship game last year between SH and Louisville Ballard and WHITSON poored some of the most ridiculous calls I have ever seen against the Hilltoppers. He wanted SH to lose and he made sure he did. I don't know where you get Whitson calls favorable for "The Hill". I've never witnessed that and I don't think any other Topper fan has either. Good Luck to both SH and DB at the Arby's this week!

Also for all your Greene Devil fans out there you guys can keep cryin! Until you beat us our DB I'd keep your sorry mouths shut!