E.O. Coffman Tourney

sportsfan01

The Panthers take on Memphis Colonial at 10:15 AM on the 27th. They play again at 11:30 AM against Chapel Hill. The Panther JV's will play Colonial JV's at 2:00 PM.

The Panthers play New Prospect at 12:45 PM on the 28th and then the finals of Large and Small schools will follow.

HOOPS TO YA!!!! AND MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

kw

pistachio --

I think New Prospect has lost 3 games this year. Twice to Summertown and once to E.O. Coffman. Unfortunately, there are only the four teams in the tourney. We sent 200 invitations and ended up with four teams. It will be a GOOD tourney. I too would like to know more about the Memphis team and guess I will find out soon enough. I have heard they are the best Middle School team in Memphis which would mean they are very good indeed. Maybe someone that knows could post and let us know. I plan to post scores and pics from tourney.

Now let me preach a little. As I have said on this board before, with 6 state champions crowned each year in Middle School and with many undefeated Middle School teams at this time of year. Would it not be great to get about 8 to 12 of these teams together at Christmas and let them square off and see who is the best of the best? It ain't gonna happen any other way that I know of? We will have this tourney next year so all of you coaches make a spot for it on next years schedule. We may not be undefeated this time next year but the tourney will be there for any and all that want to participate.

HOOPS TO YA!!!!

kw

[Edited by kwright on 12-23-02 10:20A]

I promised to post scores and pics but was sick and could not attend but here are the scores.

Friday 12-27-02

================

Chapel Hill 35

New Prospect 28

Coffman 38

Colonial 27

Coffman 46

Chapel Hill 25

Colonial 39

New Prospect 32

Coffman JV's 34

Colonial JV's17

Saturday 12-28-02

=================

Coffman 35

New Prospect 24

Colonial 24

Chapel Hill 23

Small School Championship

=========================

Chapel Hill 37

New Prospect 36

Large School Championship

=========================

Coffman 43

Colonial 21

Thanks so much to all the schools that participated this year. Each group of girls was a credit to their schools and communities. I think and hope that fun was had by all.

Remember Middle School Coaches!!!! Next year we want your teams here so get signed up now before your schedule is full.

HOOPS TO YA!!! AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!