Oakland edges Hillsboro in Overtime...........

gomab2

In a very good game, Oakland edged Hillsboro tonight in Overtime 52-51, when a ridiculous foul was called on Hillsboro's Chris Russell with 0.9 second left, 93 feet from the basket, to give Oakland the free throw win.....

Russell was outstanding, as he is one of the best athlete's in the state..... The rest of the Hillsboro team was very impressive, but is lacking conistent scoring threats.... I was really impressed with Jr PG Sean Bridges (who was at the Ballerz Hoops Showcase). Bridges is an outside shot away from being one of the best Jr PG's in the State. He may be the quickest Jr G I have seen, and I love his defense and hustle. Two years at Juco to work on his shot could turn him into a good prospect.....

Oakland keeps on rolling along in squeakers (Bradley Central, Father Ryan, Hillsboro), and is a legit team that could make State tourney. They were my Pre-season #5, and could only get better when Jr PG Nick Watson returns from injury. Sr F Derrick Duggin was oustanding yet again, and is one of the most effective High School players in the State.........

Both of these teams have a shot at State Tourney...

Guest Oakland

i'm sorry gomab, but i couldnt resist........ i dont know which game u were watching but this was a horrible game, both teams played very poorly and below their level, especially oakland. personally i dont see why everybody thinks hillsboro is worthy of state tourney mention, i mean i think on a normal night oakland beats hillsboro by 15, hillsboro is very scrappy defensively, but lacks the offensive firepower to make it fat into the posteason. But i could be wrong, but we will see come march

I'm sorry, but Oakland didn't seem all that great to me against stratford or hillsboro. The reason why Oakland didn't play so well is because Hillsboro's defense. It's hard to come out and beat a good team by fifteen points when they're playing like that, the game ended wrong if you ask me.

[Edited by domonique2002 on 12-28-02 8:46A]