Cumberland County football in '03

JET2

Jet2,

Since you started this board can you give everyone an accurate preview of the cumberland county jets for next season? Which satarters they have returning and which impact players are they have returning. I agree with prior post you have made drastic improvments, but can you keep them going? Not ment to be an offensive question but really how many seniors did you'll lose this year?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are loosing 17 starters .... but our upcoming junior class is loaded and shined in J.V games ..... we return second team all region RB Heath Blaylock #28 .... Blue Chips Mark Barnwell #13 .... Cornerback Spencer Hassler #4

.... Part-time Corner/safety Jordan Reagan #1 .... and tight end james rinks .....

WHAT DOES WARREN COUNTY HAVE AGAINST ME, THEY'RE AWFUL HARSH .... TOO BAD THEY WILL NEVER AGAIN BEAT US OR ANYBODY ELSE THAT CAN FIELD A DECENT TEAM!!!!! DEAL WITH IT! ;)

Line will be huge again. They will probably average over 260 lbs. They will also be very strong again. But, obviously they will be young and untested. I'm sure they're very tough from the pounding they took in practice from all those seniors last year. Only time will tell how much they're lack of playing time (at the varsity level) will hurt them. I personally look for them to struggle early but don't be surprised if they're a pretty tough draw later in the year.

Like i've said the junior class is loaded on both sides of the ball and played really well in J.V. and played exceptional in some varsity action .... but no question this will be a huge factor in our success ..... JetLag is right the line will be huge and very strong but will have to work hard this summer to get to the level I expect them to be at :confused: :D

I can't really say much cause i'm not sure about the coaching situation .... but this would have no effect on the way we work in the weight room .... we had a real strong if not the strongest team overall in

5-A, and look to be up in the ranks again next year :D

The Questions concerning Wattenbarger and Rock are legite but if they don't want to be here then Good Luck and God Bless 'em. Watt was in Rome,GA this week and financially it would be a huge boost since CC doesn't pay hardly anything. Then he will be off to McMinn this weekend. CC Jets are finally in a position to reload a little rather than having to rebuild. What this staff fails to see and what everyone attached to football around here knows is that this years sophmore class has always accepted the challenge from this years senior class and achieved a little better.little

AMEN ..... i'm glad someone on this earth finally saw how they helped us help ourselves in the weight room and on the field and believe it or not in the classroom were it all matters most .... this years senior class were real close to the sophomores and i'm so grateful to them .... thanks to their motivation and praise we are ready to fill their shoes and do everything that they did and more :) so the coaches are the last thing that we are worrying about ... we are concerned about getting better as a player and person with or without them ;)

It's hard to say exactly how next years team will pan out. Some huge shoes are going to have to be filled to have as good as year as this one. If the current coaches are afraid of the challenge ahead, then goodbye and good luck. They are going to make the next coach look like a genius in 2 years.