young catchers

catchman

When we talk about catchers it is always about high school catchers. So lets talk about younger catchers in the 12u and 14u, So we will know who is coming to the high schools.

The younger ones is the building block for all schools.

Lets get some names out there so people will watch these girls, they work so hard for so little glory. Also the high school coaches will know whos coming and who to watch.

Lets give the young ones their due credit.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest youguess25

Well I just found this site yesterday and was hoping to find something about young catchers. Now as a dad of a catcher I have to toot her horn for her. She has been playing travel ball since she was 7 she now play's for the 12u Xplosion she dose not have the chance to play middle school ball she goes to a metro school so next year we are putting her at Goodpasture. Last year as a 10u she batted over 500 for the year and with a slugging pct. of over 800 with 3 HR 1 over the fence. At 11 she is 5'7 and 120lb. We played 2 tournaments this fall as 12u and it looked like she had been playing at that level for years. I have been told by many that she is one to watch well let's hope so.

whats the name of the girl that playd for the frost falcons that girls got game shes only in the eighth grade Colbie from the Nighthawks is an unbelieveable tallent Christina Wiley is up and coming seventh grader hope she bounces back from an almost carrer ending leg ankle brake last june thats all i know

I would like to give 3 catchers credit, erica duke 12u outa coffee county, nikki birdsell 14u outa white house, coty garett outa joelton,, I will place these girl with some the best. I have seen all of them play ball, They all 3 have heart and work ethics that is above average.

We all know catchers are a breed of their own, because they are mudd slinging, sweat drinking, heads up players. if you think this isnt so , put on the gear for a while.

But all of the girls that play fastpitch are in a very high league of their own, I enjot every second of the games i get to watch, All these girls are special people,

[Edited by catchman on 1-16-03 8:50P]

Catchman I agree with ya! These young Ladies need to be reconized for the gutz it takes to get behind to plate. Just some of the other girls I've had The pleasure watching...up and coming... Christina Wiley (Big Stick , Watched in amazement @ fall brawl Chattanooge Oct2002,Tyner park...over the monster 10ft fence/hit the top of the fence 2 times. shes only 13...wow) That accident ain't holdin her back. :) you go girl!!! Colby (nighthawkz) Ms.King from Xtreme edge 14u now . just a few...I'll add them to the list. Boy the future of high school catching is bright. The High schools coaches will be chompin at the bit to just get one :)