VA Duals

Guest cole703

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the compliment and the link Mobee 1. I had tried it earlier but couldn't get the individual results. Bradley appears to be dominating. Hopefully they will keep it up.

You guys found the link so I won't post the scores.

NOTES AND TIDBITS..........

I saw Phillip Simpson wrestle both of his matches. He lost a nail-bited to Maney(ranked 4th) of Loch Haven and then pretty much dominated the UNC kid. He looks very good. He has put on more muscle since last year and is wrestling with loads of confidence. He will be an All-American this year. Patrick didn't wrestle.

In the college division Nebraska looks great and certainly deserves to be ranked 6th.

In the National Division... Great Bridge is as good as advertised. They beat a very good Liberty, Pa and they utterly destroyed a solid Kingsway, NJ in the quarters. GB is somewhere between very good and great at every weight. However, they will have all they want in the finals with State College, PA. The Baby Lions also don't have any weak spots. They will win a few matches against GB but I don't believe they have enough. I'll guess: GB 36 - SC 16.

One thing interesting...I saw something today I'd never seen. In the Black and Blue HS division, York wrestled Bethel to a 42-42 tie. The tie-breaker went like this;

1- no team point deductions

2- 7 wins each

3- 7 six point wins each

4- zero tech falls

5- zero major dec

6- zero decisions

7- York forfeited 1 match - Bethel forfeted 2 matches

---York wins on the 7th criteria---

Now Bradley.....

They look good and really took it to Denbigh and Lee-Davis. Both teams were a lot better than the final score indicated. BC will wrestle Kempsville at 2:00 on Sat. Kempsville is very good. They have few if any weak spots in the lineup and are going to be very tough at 103, 112, 125, 130, 145 and 160. I watched them wrestle two matches and I believe they would place or win at those weights in Tennessee. The 12 pounder is John Erickson and is ranked in the top 10 in the country. Bradley will have thier hands full.

If Bradley gets by Kempsville they will wrestle Johnson City, NY unless there is a major upset. JC is loaded and are extremly tough at 145, 152, 171 and 215. The 152, Josh Glenn, is a stud. Catlett is wrestling well with 2 first period pins but he will have to take it to a whole new level to beat this kid. The JC kid reminds me very much of Kevin Ward.

More tomorrow,

Silverbullet

Congratulations for doing Tennessee proud Bradley. It seems a couple of matches go the other way and you win the thing. Maybe Silverbullet could give us the blow by blow? Believe it or not, quite a few folks in middle TN keep a close watch on you guys. Heck of a program.