VA Duals

Guest cole703

CW160 are you kidding me? I Just hope that your younger brother logged on to your name and put that post, because it is very very ignorant, and I want to apologize to all the people have to read something like that. I agree the Bradley situation is always brought up, but I think it was cleared up when Lee Connell got on here and spilled his guts about the rivarly. I respect coach Logsdon and his decision, and if I was a betting man Logsdon would not want to come on here and read what you posted. I dont think any people have been crying about the D1 and D2 split is very frustrtating and most would like to see it changed, but what can we do? Just watch the sport of wrestling and cheer your team on. Its good to see tournaments that D1 and D2 schools can wrestle each other, like the Mccallie tournament where it would have been great to see Bradley, but had alot of competition, and the Ryan invitational this weekend where I think D2 schools had the top four spots, so I mean from what I can tell CW160 or your little brother who every put this post, D2 schools seem to be getting in every tournament possible, along with some of the other D1 schools its just a shame we cant see both wrestle in February, even if it was duals split and possibly the individual tournament combined with D1 and D2. But I mean what can we do. Like I said good luck to all wrestlers and teams with the last month remaining!!

Lovetowrestle

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love - Your post about the results at Ryan was terrific, one of the best in print, including coverage of college tournaments. I guess I should have put this there.

I chose here because you really dumped on somebody for expressing an opinion (obviously not to your liking). You should understand that there are many people who share CW's views about the constant arguments about D 1 and D 2.

Don't you get tired of hearing the same old things all the time? How we can never have a state champion unless we have only one classificiation?

Wrong!

We are split. We have schools that anybody can attend and schools that only select kids can attend. Maybe some people can't figure out why if they're not good enough to go to school with, they are good enough to wrestle with. Come up with whatever reason you want. It's really just a smoke screen for the real reasons. Think about that.

And to those of you who posted notes supporting me, thanks. I was wondering if I was the only person.

Love - Let me assure you that yours are minority beliefs. You probably think people agree with you because a lot of posts seem to. But I think more people want the separation. You're deluding yourself! Publics are open to all. Privates are private. The are not the same and all your arguments won't change that.

Guest 1moretime

I've read on this website and have heard others say that the DI coaches took a vote at the State Tournament and there wasn't one DI coach that voted to bring the DI and DII back together. Any DI coaches out there mind confirming this? I've even read on this website where the McCallie Athletic Director said that the spilt is here to stay. So lets all put this thing to rest (at least on this website) and enjoy the wrestling season as it is.

I see where many are coming from on this issue, and meant nothing to the people in D1 or D2 I am just a wrestling fan and just want to see the best wrestle the best. I mean obviously there are other sports that have the split and seem to be doing good with it. It is an argument that we could spend all day on! I see there are obvious pros and cons, and I dont try to get mad at a person on here its just a very frustrating subject and just wish we could do something about it. So once again I am here to talk about wrestling and not argue about what the split. I am just a fan that loves watching wrestling. I apologize if I offened anyone!! Good luck to all teams and wrestlers in the last month!

Lovetowrestle

OK. I finally had enough today. Working was getting in the way of being a wrestling fan. I quit my job as Assistant Bagboy at Winn Dixie. Since I am also a part-time CIA agent and Langley is only a few minutes away from the Hampton Arena, I think I˜ll take the Silverbullet chopper up to Virginia and watch the Duals. I˜ll take the lap-mainframe with me and try to keep you guys posted on all the goings on with both Bradley and the Army Black Knights.

Agent Bullet