Div. II - Top 5

brownhut

Guest oletimes44

Its all about the rivalry, but the lack of class does show when a player intentionally fouls a another player and then walks down the court smiling. But again, behindthearc, you are right that in the heat of the moment, things get intense and people do things they wouldn't do under normal circumstances. Overall, the game was great to watch. Passion left out on the court and thats what matters.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was very kind Chxian....My heart goes to you and your life in the fine city of Memphis, Tennessee....We are all in "this mess" together....I believe that although it is "messy"....OUR LOVE will come together to "like, rock the house"....BEST WISHES, your friend FRHS RULES. Sorry, I had not read what you left me in your last post (as far as the article was concerned)....you showed kindness and love, I expect your future is bright. GO IRISH, GO VOLS, GO TITANS, GO.....get another beer.....J.K. (somewhat)

[Edited by frhsrules on 1-13-03 1:38A]

Great post bball4mha!

I'll assume "mha" puts you from Harding. I can see why you might have an inferiority complex with Hutchison.

From what I can find Hutchison won the region x-country and soccer titles this year, made it to state in basketball last year, 2nd in track last year with top performances at state, state single's tennis finalist, weak in volleyball.

Harding -great volleyball team and sprint relays in track, s*ck in everything else.

As far as Hutchison having an awful defense, look at these scores

Hutchison 41 - Brentwood Academy 22

Brentwood Academy 52- Harding 46

who stinks at defense?

No, they're not better that Briarcrest or ECS, but definitely better than the other teams in the West with SBEC and St. Agnes close behind.

Harding might try beating Bishop Byrne before talking any smack about another team.

Brownhut - Do you think the athletic success Hutch has is due to their AD having a focus on elevating this aspect of the "Hutch" experience which has historically been known for its academic emphasis? Obviously they also have some very good athletes too but so do a lot of the schools you mention in your post. What has changed at Hutchison?

chxian ,

I think the added focus of athletics in the past 7 years or so was seen as a definite developmental benefit for the kids. The new athletic facility seems to have helped. Extra-curriculars have always taken a backseat, but now athletics as well as arts and theater have made the kids much happier. They're still getting into the Columbia's, Princeton's, and UVA's of the world, but also getting athletic scholarships as well. Binswanger, soccer at Richmond (an NCAA round of 16 finalist), Ladyman (I don't know where) in tennis, and Siegal in x-country/swimming.

I think the feeling is that the students are more well rounded than they were previously.

ouch...brownhut...you almost hurt my feelings there...not really sure where you got your scores from but we beat brentwood academy...and hutch getting to state last year was a joke...they never should have made it...st agnes should have...and id like to see why everyone thinks st agnes is so good this year...both of there asst. coaches quit and so did 3 of there 4 post players...i cant wait to run both of these "superior" teams into the gound...

You are right with one thing. Hutchinson should not have made it to state last year, but St. Agnes should not have made it either. Neither of those two teams were good enough to compete in state. Father Ryan should have been there competing for the state title. Sometimes the coins are tossed the wrong ways though.

I was born in Nashville but grew up in K-town till 7th grade...The Webb school is the equivalant to the top private schools in any large city (only they are Knoxville's version). Their recent "claim to faim" was having their alum, Chad Pennington' QB the Jets to a very good season (Chad also QB'D at Marshall, and threw to Randy Moss). I think Webb seems to be a very fine team....the title will fall somewhere in this state....Not in Webb's hands however....DEFENDING FRHS....our losses are to 5-AAAAA team St. Pius (ATLANTA) by 5, ECS in Memphis by "a cabillion" (without Archie), Oakland (decent team, perhaps really good AAA) in Archie's first game back....Some 5-A team from Alabama who had won 50 straight with their win over us.....and finally, The HH, at their pad.....they are a really, really good team. I KNOW FRHS can beat Webb, HH, and any other team in d2 state.....we will have to wait to see "who wants it the most".GO IRISH

[Edited by frhsrules on 1-14-03 9:23P]