Div. II - Top 5

brownhut

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jabasketball

I'm sorry but St.Agnes doesn't deserve a spot up there, as well as Harding! St. Agnes lost to St. Benedict by 10 points, and didn't show that they had much depth or talent. Harding is not that strong a team either...both are decent but not worthy of a ranking.

Harding is up and down, but its the rebuilding year. Last yuear was the drop from the Top 5 in the State, and now they are rebuilding w/ good young talent and two senior leaders. If the cards are delt right Harding can get the third or even the 2nd spot and make a good and suprising trip to the sectionals and maybe pull out a victory there. We will see though, it could be another Briarcres whooping if Jada gets hot and another person can help her out. Hardng has to get the ball to Phipps, and she needs to create. Also i think they need to press tomorrow, and force Briarcrest to get fast paced because if its up and down the post game is taken out and Jada becomes more in affective. Also they got to hit the threes and not get screwed like they did Tuesday.!

Briarcrest, the perrennial power that finds themselves slipping and trying to find an identity, will find themselves in an early district game at Harding on Friday. Harding is also trying to find an identity and learn how to win. They have been in most of their losses right to the end. Harding is at home and is definitely pumped up for their first district match. A win over the Lady Saints would be a huge boost in district to get an edge over Hutchison in seeding and a big confidence builder for the Lions. Briarcrest seems to still be in a lull and if Harding brings their best game, they can beat the Saints. But that's been the problem for the Lady Lions all year, consistantly playing good basketball. They've shown glimpes and flashes of what their capable of, but they've yet to put together 32 minutes of it. They will need to play their best every last second against Ole Miss signee Jada Mincy and the Briarcrest Lady Saints. I am predicting an upset and a Harding victory by 5 points. I agree that Harding should try to press and be very agressive getting to the basket trying to draw fouls. Harding will also need to run the court and score transition points. If Harding can put up decent numbers in the paint, barring a debachle on the outside, the Lady Lions can win the game. Blair Jackson will be important, stealing the ball and creating turnovers. Whitney Williams will need to have some more blocks, and Sarah Phipps needs to be aggressive getting rebounds and go hard to the hoop baseline. Harding will need to drive into the lane early and draw fouls and get BCS in early foul trouble.

GO LADY LIONS!!!

Guest oletimes44

Well, it looks like the Harpeth Hall/Henry County game is going to get cancelled. I was getting ready for this game! I guess it just isn't meant to be, seeing as though it was cancelled the first time it was scheduled due to the weather. My sympathies go out to both teams. I know the girls were really looking forward to this game!

Guest oletimes44

Well, it looks like the Harpeth Hall/Henry County game is going to get cancelled. I was getting ready for this game! I guess it just isn't meant to be, seeing as though it was cancelled the first time it was scheduled due to the weather. My sympathies go out to both teams. I know the girls were really looking forward to this game! ;)

I went to the Briarcrest-Harding game last night. yes, Mincy dominated, but I was most impressed with a freshman on the BCS team, Alliesha Easley. EVERY play went through her whether she was breaking a press with her ball handling abilities or using her height to draw double teams near the lane then dumping off to Mincy. I can't wait to see how she develops. She might even be better than Ashley Earley was as a sophomore.

The announcer at Harding refered to her a Alliesha EARLEY for half the game.

ECS @ Briarcrest should be fun on Tuesday!

Father Ryan beat BA last night 63 - 35.

The Lady Irish were up by 30+ points with about 5 minutes left in the 4th period and emptied their bench at that time.

FRHS is getting better play from their first year senior starters in Kristin Hample and Ann Mullins. They should continue to improve and will hopfully peak at the right time (tournament time). Go Irish!

Hats off to a well coached BA team as well. They play hard and play to win. I think that they will be a very good team next year and the year's to come. They are very young, but gaining a lot of experience this year. Best of luck to the BA ladies (except when you play FRHS!). :):D