Watch out for the Lady T's!!!

Blue21SallyAt7

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alcoa's girls do look impressive. Could be a year where they go far in their region.

My question is ... what's up with dropping the "ornadoes?" I noticed the announcer called them the Lady T's Friday night and even noticed a banner up in the gym that referred to them as the Lady T's. And then I see your thread heading.

To me Lady T sounds like the wife of Mr. T ... pity the fool.

GovMan

Hornet,

Believe it or not, the original color scheme at William Blount, introduced in the school's first year 1979-80, was really more of a light blue and orange. I think the problem was, the shade of blue they picked was hard to find and over the years it became easier when purchasing uni's and such, to move to a darker blue. I'm not crazy about it either. And to top that off, last year or maybe year before, the boys came out with some black uniforms. Not sure where that came from!!!

At least our football field doesn't sit next to a sewage plant!!! I can remember back in the day, coming to Carter to play football and there being an awful stinch in the air. Does that problem still exist?

GovMan

Posted by GovMan:

Hornet,

At least our football field doesn't sit next to a sewage plant!!! I can remember back in the day, coming to Carter to play football and there being an awful stinch in the air. Does that problem still exist?

GovMan

OH, I love it when you bring up the good ole days. The Sewer area is still there, but not in use any more and the smell is much more pleasant. That was real home field advantge (Karns has the same thing now)!!! Infact that area may be removed, we are going through a Stadium Expansion this spring, and all the minor details aren't yet known.

I'm still not sold on Alcoa's Girls yet, I see that they are 10-1, yet the combined records of their opponents are 41-65. BUT I will see tonight in Person, and I'll give you guys my opinion tonight or tomorrow.

The Lady Tornadoes have been playing very well this season. Playing together as a team and winning some games, something they hadnt seen at alcoa in a while. They are not very deep something that may hurt them down the line. They are playing right now with a 4 guard lineup, with Koral Stache leading the way. Also with soph. Kara Harris, who is very quick and also able to put up big numbers on offense(20 against fulton, 18 vs maryville). Sarah Fowler is running the point Daveda Dean,probably the fastest girl in the state, is also in the lineup. If they can get there post player Whitney Anthony to be more consistant on a nightly bases then they could do very well.

Daveda Dean ... "probably the fastest girl in the state"

There's a young lady in the eighth grade at Carpenter's Middle School who'd I'd line up against her in the 100.

What's Daveda's best time in the 100? I know she can fly, but I think my girl may have posted a faster time already.

GovMan

[Edited by GovMan on 1-7-03 4:09P]

Posted by 2000StateChamp:

When she runs at 12.03 then tell her to come holla at my lil cuz, veda. But anyway, the lady t's improved to 11-1 tonight with a win over carter.

Alcoa has a nice team. Had the lead for 3 quarters, then were up by 20 in the fourth Carter came back to get within 1 or 2. Alcoa may go pretty deep in the tournament but their lack of an inside presence will hurt, and the short bench too. Congrats Alcoa.

OH, by the way Alcoa had the second fastest girl in the state, and on the court tonight.

#34 of Carter is the State Champion 100 Meters.

Look Here

Posted by 2000StateChamp:

When she runs at 12.03 then tell her to come holla at my lil cuz, veda. But anyway, the lady t's improved to 11-1 tonight with a win over carter.

I don't know if she's got a 12.03 yet or not. I do know that this summer is Jr. Olympics she ran a 12.07 in her prelim while Deveda ran a 12.14 in hers. She ran a 12.42 in semis (qualified for final) while Deveda ran a 12.36 and didn't qualify. Finally, my little eighth grader (I guess she was still officially 7th grade at the time, ran a 12.24 in finals (that was 3rd in the country). Sounds to me like it would make for a good race. Did I mention the girl I'm speaking of just turned 14?? She was competing two full age divisions below Deveda.

I know, I know ... there's a track and field board. I won't dwell on the subject any longer on the girls b-ball thread.

GovMan

The girls are now 12-1, although they will probably come out with a loss tonight at oak ridge we are still proud of the way are girls have been playing. At alcoa it has been a long time since we could say that we could put a team on the court that could really compete. Alcoa has always been a football, mens basketball and track school, so i hope our girls can continue to do well and build a name for themselves. Also, i wanna tell my sister kara great job, keep it up. And davida, koral, sarah, whitney and samantha, yall keep it up also.