nd lost to father ryan

lovetowrestle

EGOHASLANDED-- i think you might change your mind about Harding after friday. Even though have the school is sick(including some bball players, i know my daughter is). The can bury the three and really relied on it, now they have Byron Taylor as an inside threat they will become more balanced. You will also be suprised how deep they are even though they are very young. Ive seen Lausanne, BA, CBHS, MUS, Harding, Father Ryan, Briarcrest, ECS, and Bendict play and i think Harding(not being biased) is numbe rone team in state (D2) right now. They lost to a good Covington the other night, but they looked dead tired and like i said half the team has the flu. BTW, father ryan dude who posted first, dont say yall are the best just you won the Golden Ball LAST YEAR(Billy May is gone).

My Top 20:

1. Harding- 13-4

2. Father Ryan- only 2 losses to one team

3. Norte Dame

4. Lausanne

5. ECS

6. McCallie

7. BGA

8. Brentwood Academy

9. MUS

10. St. Benedict

11. CBHS

12. Knoxville Webb

13. Knoxville Catholic

14. Briarcrest

15. Bishop Byrne

16. University School of Nashville

17. Montgomery Bell Aacdemy

18. SBEC

19. Memphis Catholic

20. Tipton-Rosemark Academy

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EGOHASLANDED-- i think you might change your mind about Harding after friday. Even though have the school is sick(including some bball players, i know my daughter is). The can bury the three and really relied on it, now they have Byron Taylor as an inside threat they will become more balanced. You will also be suprised how deep they are even though they are very young. Ive seen Lausanne, BA, CBHS, MUS, Harding, Father Ryan, Briarcrest, ECS, and Bendict play and i think Harding(not being biased) is numbe rone team in state (D2) right now. They lost to a good Covington the other night, but they looked dead tired and like i said half the team has the flu. BTW, father ryan dude who posted first, dont say yall are the best just you won the Golden Ball LAST YEAR(Billy May is gone).

My Top 20:

1. Harding- 13-4

2. Father Ryan- only 2 losses to one team

3. Norte Dame

4. Lausanne

5. ECS

6. McCallie

7. BGA

8. Brentwood Academy

9. MUS

10. St. Benedict

11. CBHS

12. Knoxville Webb

13. Knoxville Catholic

14. Briarcrest

15. Bishop Byrne

16. University School of Nashville

17. Montgomery Bell Aacdemy

18. SBEC

19. Memphis Catholic

20. Tipton-Rosemark Academy

I know it makes for good conversation on these boards; but personally i believe its next to impossible to rank the teams in DII. There are several reasons for this. first, the Teams are so spread out that its hard to get a feel for who has played a tougher scheldule, or for one person to see any team play more than 2 or 3 times. Also, with so many dII teams having to travel to play games against out of state teams, the win/loss comparison can also be a bit misleading. For instance, i don' think anyone would have predicted that MBA (with 1 win ) would beat BGA (with one loss), but it happened tuesday night.

Father Ryan has no way to know they're better than Harding at this point, Harding has no way to know if they could beat Mccallie, all we really can rely on now is speculation. Speculation from people who 1) are totally biased or 2) Have seen one of the top teams play 1 time and shouldnt judge.

DII is special beacuse there are few enough teams that everyone pays attention to everyone else in the state throught the season. This year lets just hope that all the "good" teams can avoid the upsets in region play and make it to the big show.

Oh and by the way vballdad, thanks for the inteligent observation about Billy May being gone. 13 games into the next season and we still really seem to be struggling without him... ;) I guess theres some rule about not being able to be any good the year after you graduate a mr. basketall?

[Edited by Irish40 on 1-9-03 10:04P]

[Edited by Irish40 on 1-9-03 10:06P]

MBA had two wins coming into that BGA game, Rossview and Ezell. Hopefully, MBA and Ryan this Friday night can provide some entertainment for you ball fans. It should be a good atmosphere because of the wrestling match right before the basketball game. Ryan is very tough, and I'm sure Notre Dame could have won that game, but the score was Ryan by one, and no one in DII has figured out how to beat the Irish. I hope we can find a way; it could be better than people think, because it's a rivalry game.

Good Luck to both the Irish and the Big Red!!